These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 83607, 85208
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When using Advanced Genie Editor to add new Techs, one can only do so up to around id # 1470. Any new entries beyond this id cause the game to break after starting a game with the newly created mod.
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a new modpack with the newest empires2_x2_p1.dat and open it with the latest Genie Editor (v2022.8.21) in the Tools folder
- Go to Techs tab and add in new entries up to 1475 and save the file
- Launch the game, select the mod with the modified file and start a random map game
- Game crashes
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Normal game launch without any issues
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Because it is a modding problem, a savegame or recording file wonÄt work. Instead I have linked a modified empires.dat that only includes empty techs additionally to the last patch’s contents.