Modding: Units of Class 22 Warship, 21 Fishing Ship and 20 Transportship can't be modded to be garrisoned

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: image
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Galleys and other ship can’t be modded to be able to garrison into Buildings because the class attribute doesn’t allow it.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Give the Galley those Tasks

2. Make a Scenario with a Dock and a Gally and load it up with your mod

3. Galley doesn’t have Garrison Button until Changed to Infantry or Archer for example

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

That there is a way to mod War Ships to garrison into buildings by either

• Being able to change Class Attributes in Advanced genie Editor (+ this could be accompanied with being able to create custom unit classes)
  • Making the Garrison Button at a unit appear depending on it having a Garrison Task

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Despite having the Garrison Command for Docks & all Buildings the Unit doesn’t have a Garrison Button

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*Not needed

Adding this option to the game makes the game more open for changes and give modders more option to customize the game.
I can understand why it was implemented this way (War Ships aren’t supposed to garrison in the original game, but please don’t make it hardcoded or at least give us a way to create custom classes with custom attributes so I can recreate a War Ship2 Unit class which has the option
I would also be happy with instructions on how else I can make War Ships garrison into Docks