Modding

A lot of games (most games) don’t have mod support. I wish Microsoft creates an easy way (perhaps an official program) for modifying textures, sprites, adding civilizations etc.

Hope so ! AoE2 HD and Mythology Extended had it. Could be great if they could put Mod Support into this Definitive Edition.

I hope it too or they make that we can make random Map scripts and another KI’s.

@Der_Richterrr said:
Hope so ! AoE2 HD and Mythology Extended had it. Could be great if they could put Mod Support into this Definitive Edition.

I wonder if it might be difficult with the Windows Store and UWP. But that is a big part of Windows’ future. So it should be just as capable as Steam and Win32 eventually, right?
I hope AoE DE will have built-in mod support just like AoE2 HD. It is so great to have the customization and really helps the community around the games.

@“Blueberry Boll” said:

@Der_Richterrr said:

I wonder if it might be difficult with the Windows Store and UWP. But that is a big part of Windows’ future. So it should be just as capable as Steam and Win32 eventually, right?
I hope AoE DE will have built-in mod support just like AoE2 HD. It is so great to have the customization and really helps the community around the games.

I forgot it is about to be on Windows Store. I don’t really know now. There won’t be a Steam workshop, but maybe they could add a “mod” folder, just as The Witcher 3.

Yeah, no Steam workshop. But if they have a built-in mod manager that would be great!

@“Blueberry Boll” said:
Yeah, no Steam workshop. But if they have a built-in mod manager that would be great!

Specially because exporting and sharing mods will be a lot easier.

Also why not a Mod Tool built-in? Not like in the game, a second program with everything you need

The game needs modding support because sharing custom scenarios produces high replay value.