Modify Attribute and xsEffectAmount do not work with "SET" option for attack and armor classes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Latest as of 06/1/23
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Since the last update, modify attribute and xsEffectAmount are bugged. “Set” does not set an attack value, it performs an addition.
The same is true in xsEffectAmount (and the multiplier you need to use has changed to 256 from 65535 as far as I can see)
NB. Change object attack trigger effect appears to work.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make a trigger effect using modify attributes and attack or armour as the target attribute and a SET command, or use this code (tested using an archer):

void archer_atk(){
xsEffectAmount(cSetAttribute, 4, cAttack, 3*256 + 50);
}

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The attack class should be set to the corresponding value, not added to the existing value.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Image not relevant

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
N/A

1 Like

Actually this behavior started with update 66692 from the end of August 22. I really hope it gets fixed soon.

@PsychoticSock1
Thanks for your report! I added the info you wrote here to our tickets system :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

(I can’t just say that so will just add text to reach the character limit)

1 Like