Mods Do Not Publish to In-Game Workshop

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Failed to publish mods publicly

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to ageofempires.com website Create Mod
  2. Fill out required details for AoE2 DE Data Mod
  3. Upload zip file containing valid data mod and submit

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Data mod does not show up in “My Mods” or the in-game mod browser. However, a valid link to the mod is created.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/53118/
Example of public mod that does not show up to in-game mod browser

1 Like

Having this same issue for about 4 hours now.

I can’t edit my mods. I can’t submit mods. I can’t delete them.

Ok, as I was writing this and signed into my microsoft account to reply in the forums, now my mods are gone like I wanted, so maybe it’ll work?

Some tomfoolery round here :confused:

Update: Mod submitted. Went to edit - no change after submitting. Mod doesn’t appear under “My Mods”.

Yeah I’ve experienced short delays before and bugginess, but nothing like this. It’s been all day and still nothing.

Yep. Still nothing. I’ve seen some older threads and it appears this isn’t the first time people have had issues with submitting and editing mods.

Which is quite sad. I was hoping to get going on making custom campaigns and sharing the experience with people. Guess not.

I have the same question from yestoday .

Upload auto cancel .

Sometimes upload succeed , but can’t see it in game .

Sometimes I can See it in game , but can’t download .

1 Like

This is happening for me as well. I uploaded a mod and got the ‘Mod published successfully!’ notification, and it made a page for the mod on the main AoE site, but the mod isn’t actually appearing in the Browse Mods tab in-game.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for sharing with us your issues uploading mods! We are now tracking this issue :smiley: