Mods that increase minimap size dont work after patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 58259.00
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: Mods that increase the minimap size do not work anymore. After the latest patch all my subscribed mods where deselected (unchecked in mods tab). No problem this happened before with other patches, so I re-selected (clicked the check box) all mods and restarted the game. I found that a UI mod I have been using called “Haro transparent UI 2” no longer increased the size of the minimap as it should. So I tried other mods that increase the minimap size (“Bigger Minimap”, “Bigger Centered Minimap”, “Bigger minimap 50 percent increase”, and a few others) and none of them work. Some do nothing and some increase the maps frame size but the map inside is still the default size.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Subscribe to a mod that increases minimap size
  2. Click the mod on and restart the game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: Minimap size should increase

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

4 Likes

Hi @Tharkun221 !

I recommend you to contact the person who created the mod, maybe they plan to update it

Thanks!

Thanks I will try. Could you please let me know–or maybe post it somewhere–what was changed in the latest patch that causes this issue. It might help modders to update their mods if the change was documented.

It doesn’t just affect one mod, it seems to affect all mods that resize and/or relocate the minimap (and maybe more items in the UI, I haven’t checked them all) Including some popular UI mods. Not sure if it’s only for MS store version users or for steam too, interesting to know if anyone else has this problem.

I contacted the person that created the mod as you suggested. He replied that it’s working ok for him and that maybe it’s a MS store issue. The mod is “Haro Transparent UI 2” but other minimap mods also don’t work so I guess it’s the same issue with them.

There’s at least a couple of other users that have posted about mod issues with the MS store version. Please let me know what to do.

Well the .json mods are not working on the microsoft store game version, not a single one and i use the same mods for steam, clearly they changed something so now those files can’t be modded on the MS, the mod that changes minimap or font colors or game bar position are json files.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you know if editing the game’s json files manually work?

have the same problem… Windows Store version and no minimap mods work.

You can’t modify original files on the microsoft store version/gamepass, they are only to read.

Yes, thanks for confirming! I did try and can’t get windows permission to edit them. Starting to regret buying the game (and DLCs) on MS store. Should have bought it on Steam. I guess there’s nothing we can do. I hope the devs respond to this.

I have some mods that don’t work as well after the last patch.
Notably the no intro mod and the huge number mod (for ctrl groups), plus sometimes they reset and I have to tick them all again.
MS store user here as well. This is a mess.

Can you please update us on this issue. It seems there are many other MS store version users with this problem. From what I’ve been able to find out:

1. Mods that resize or re-position the minimap don’t work.
  2. This only happens with the MS Store version.
  3. It seems the game is not reading the mappanel.json files of mods correctly.
  4. Occasionally (10 to 20% of the time) all mods become de-selected when opening the game.
  5. Before the last patch this problem didn’t exist.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay. We are now tracking this issue!

2 Likes

I’m also fixing this issue. It’s a shame that its been almost two years since the bug without a fix. Especially for ultrawide screens being able to scale of move essential elements like the minimap is vital. Especially how far from center it is with the normal settings.