Mongol Fetish

Why are the devs so scared to nerf Mongols? Wow such a big nerf they reduced the amount they get from raiding meanwhile China gets shot in the head and then hacked to pieces while Abbasid is still so bad. No wonder AOE2 has more than double the players of AOE4 because people are sick of playing a game that has terrible balance (yay another month of Mongols being OP) not to mention the plethora of features and content missing from previous games. This combined with the lackluster patches just help this game slowly bleed to death. If they’re going to continue doing this they might as well take AOE4 out the back and put it out of its misery.

2 Likes

One way to nurf Mongol is to reduce stone production. For example, a ovoo may require one villager/unit or more to drive. Constantly getting stones with only 150 woods is unfair.
PS. I dont think reducing Raid ability is a good idea, since that is what makes Mongol special.

THEY NEED TO NERF THE OVOO BUFS THIS IS THE ISSUE.!!! THERE FREE STONE NO HOUSE AND CASTLE LANDMARKS ARE THE ISSUE.

WEVERYONE KNOWS BUT THE DEVS IT SEEMS.

1 Like

Noo. Leave Mongols alone, man. TF you talking about…

Acording to the stats on the new patch Abbasid is around 52% across the board and 51% at the top win rate. So we have to wait and see if they are still bad.

I may be wrong but in my opinion anything around 49-51% win rate is mostly in a good place.
I agree about China. 42% win rate from around 48% win rate is a harsh drop.

The patch is still fresh so we will see where they stabilise.

Mongols continue to dominate. They should have received a nerf to Ovoos, Yam network and Steppe Redoubt a long time ago.

The fact that Chinese got their only strong Landmark nerfed makes no sense. And they got nothing to compensate. Not even bugfixes for Nest of Bees even though this unit is worse than a Mangonel since stess test.

Chinese are described as the gunpowder faction and their Age 3 gunpowder siege is still broken. Their Age 4 bombards just took a giant nerf. And just last patch Fire Lancers also took a giant nerf because of team games.

Remember when the devs said they wanted to buff other factions to be closer to mongols? Well, apparently that goes for everyone but Chinese.

I think the Devs are in the mindset of buffing other civs to Mongol level. Which I agree.

While Mongols lean toward offense, they have huge potential toward economy. Mongols are by far the most flexible civ when it comes to dictating how you want to play the civ. No other civ has a Feudal landmark that are equally appealing. Mongols do. Imagine all civs having that kind of flexibility: leaning toward one style but very capable with another style.

1 Like

That only works if you don’t have civs with a much higher win rate, that the devs are supposedly buffing everyone else towards.

The only civs last patch that were in a good place with regards to win rates, were Mongols and Delhi. Every other civ was in a bad place to varying degrees, including the few that were hovering around 50%

Too early to tell where the win rates are for this patch right now though. Wait a week.