Mongols- Transformers TC in Disguise Possible Solutions

I don’t think this needs removing or changed. How is it worse than the Persian douche in AOE2?

1. You don’t have to delete your TC to do it, avoiding the loss of resources you have with the Persian douche.

2. You can put it up much quicker than building a TC, getting its firepower earlier, and saving the wasted villager time.

3. It remains mobile once you reach the enemy base, so you can just keep moving it to chase the eco, completely shutting down resource collection.

It’s really not much like the Persian douche at all in how it works, you’re not trying to take the enemy TC down, the point of it is to have a stronger eco by causing the opponent to have fewer vills collecting resources than you, and gaining occasional opportunistic vill kills if the opponent fails to instantly micro his vills away from the TC every time you put it up.

3 Likes

What do people want to change. Make it so can’t move TC once placed while in dark age? Would feel like a shame for Mongols.

Maybe have it have a cooldown before packing up again in dark age and make it vulnerable to torches after it sets down for a minute, so the horde of villagers can torch it down.

Cooldown would be ok I guess. I just did this strat and the guy quit without saying GG. Made me feel a bit guilty…

I think a cooldown to moving the TC again, a debuff to its defenses when it sets down and a cool down before it can shoot arrows at people would kill this cheese strategy.

And just make it a dark age thing so normal mongol players are not penalized for the entire game.

1 Like

This is easily fixed by putting an terrain AOE around TC I which no enemy can build nothing, it should also apply yo castles so you remove stupid castles vs castles battles that removes Immersion.

That would be a nice solution actually. Would make movement less punishing in general.
It would actually buff Mongols overall but remove the exploit.

The tech being Dark Age is stupid anyway so that’s very likely what’s gonna happen.

1 Like

People that aren’t playing greedy openings still aren’t able to stop the tc rush. The amount of resources invested by the defending player is too high. Any strategy that has a chance against the tc rush can be responded to by just playing standard with a massive advantage for the Mongols players

2 Likes

You need food and gold to age up and you cant collect those resources while there is a tc on top of them killing your vills. (edit) In addition to this you need 3minutes and 10 seconds of effective villager building time. this is more than enough opportunity for those defenseless vills to get picked off.

1 Like

I think delaying the speed upgrade to the feudal age would be the quickest solution. A slow TC can be blocked relatively easily unless you’re careless.

Thanks, this is possibly my favorite suggestion as well. As I said I am a big fan of the nomadic style offered by the Mongols and think that it offers the civ a huge amount of identity and uniqueness. It’s just unfortunate that when paired with the superior mobility tech it’s causing so many issues.

U send ur vills far away and build lumber to collect wood. That will allow you to build granary in which you can hunt or build farms etc. Then go to gold and age up. Build barracks and blacksmith. then buy siege upgrade from blacksmith so ur infantry can build rams and chase the TC away.

What is so difficult?
It is easy to defeat you with TC rush when you try to collect resources around your TC. You must send them far away. And when you train villagers. you just garrison them. Very simple.

1 Like

By moving the speed technology to act 2 could solve mosf of the problem alone.

Let us put packed town center on transport ship. How am I meant to play islands?? :rage: