Mongols vs Inca

My bad, just checked out myself and i was dead wrong, sorry. It indeed deals +2 against cav archers as well. Maybe this was changed throughout the new expansions. Or was it like that since the Conquerors ? Can not find any mention of that change though, so maybe it has always been like that. Anyways you are correct :slight_smile:

Its been the same since AoC, otherwise skirms wouldā€™ve only done 2 bonus damage against cav archers (which wouldnā€™t make sense considering their higher HP)

Elite Huskarl get 10 more HP and more importantly hit much harder, so they are much more unforgiving. But I might have been wrong after all. Especially knowing that anyway both Huskarls and Eagles die to Champion so itā€™s not like people ofen risk testing it I guess. For the Paladin point, I hope this is good enough of a justification https://www.cysion.be/aocbox/?p=908

Mongols have Heavy Scorpion and Siege Onager. So if you combo them with your Champs you will have a much easier time.

What you donā€™t realize is the time and cost of all these upgrades. You usually donā€™t have the time to to all these while your base is flooded be EEW.

Man, at least Champion should be affordable right? I know Siege Onager is really expensive but Onager should be enough to flatten arhcers.

It is worth noting that Eagles are pretty expensive and gold intensive for 1v1 and easy to punish with melee units. Like Iā€™ve mentioned above even castle age mongol lancers trade convincingly against FU incan EEW in equal numbers and negate the eagleā€™s mobility, which is pretty huge. And if you use the stand ground patrol stacking trick, they dominate. Now lancers require a lot of food and also a lot of gold these days, so its not very cost effective and will delay your uptimes, but its better than investing in champion and more effective than knights

Yes, it is doable, but not easy, added the fact that your army of champs+onagers is slower and your economy can still be raided if not fully walled. But yeah, to me SO + champs is theorically a good comp vs eagles + plumed. On closed maps no doubt at least.

Yah, i donā€™t have much experience with lancers so i can not tell but iā€™ll have to try it out for sure.

I have over 200 wins as mongols ā€¦ i usually always play as them

Im not good ā€¦ my highest elo achieved is 1250

Anyways eagles are a nightmare ā€¦ ive lost more games to meso civs, mayans and incans in particular, than any other civ with the exception of maybe goths

But i lose to goths in dark or feudal so mangduai is not yet in play

Indeed they are, very hard matchup. How do steppe lancers do though ? Have you tried this option ?

Against eagles? I can imagine they wonā€™t fare well.

they fare well in groups, in a mass fight patrol stack is very effective

Against Incas, Mongols have to forget Cav Archers a bit, and go for some more Siege with Drill.
They have Siege Engineers, Heavy Scorpion and Siege Onager. Mogols also have Champions.

Perhaps they have to play as an Infantry + Siege civ in imperial, and completely forget Mangudai after the Castle Age raids. Hussars and Steppe Lancers will still have a place, mostly because of their speed and meat shielding, but it really becomes a Champ + Siege game for Mongols, in Imperial, in this matchup.

1 Like

other than the kamayuk, mangudai and hussars beat everything inca

Not true, Incas have great Skirmishers that destroy Mangudai, and Eagle Warriors with 10 Pierce Armour.
It is a MU that Mongols cannot depend on Cav Archers/Mangudai for, and where them having Champions and great Siege actually comes in handy.

Its just how hussar mangudai works, hussar on the front chew down the skirmishers, The eagles may have 10 pierce but its still 60 hp, 30 mangudai 1 shot an eagle. Mongol Hussars are also pretty good vs the Eagles. Thereā€™s a reason people use hussar cav archers

I know how it works, but I think going Hussars + Champions + Siege Onagers, will be the best option as Mongols, going against Incas. Mongol Champs melt Eagles by virtue of FUship, and SOs with SE are great against Skirms.

You have to bear in mind that, after Andean Sling, Inca Skirms can target fire even targets near them, and Mongols do not have Plate Barding.
Inca Eagles with a bit of halbs or Kamayuks, will melt throught Hussars, but not against Champs. Halbs, Skirms, Kamayuks, Champions, Arbalests and Slingers are great targets for Siege Onagers, while Eagles fare very poorly against FU Champions, in general.

sounds good in theory but the eagles will just run around champions and destroy the siege and champions will probably just get rekt with slingers or arbs and, not to mention SO is impossibly expensive in standard 1v1 maps. Andean sling or not, the skirms are going to get steamrolled
Even if you make a case of hussars getting killed by eagles and kamayuks, its still the mongol player using trash in front and the incan player losing gold units

It really depends on how castle age goes. In case you think, hey I am Mongols, lets boom and get to Mangudai/Hussar you probably will get crushed by Incas. If, however, you manage to play aggressive, control the map and get Mangudai out behind that you will be in a good spot as long as you keep your numbers high.

Going champs vs Incas in never a good idea imo unless you have strong bonuses for them. Apart from the slingers possibility (which admittedly can be fragile) mass Kamayuk easily kill mass Champions.

1 Like