Monk Patrol

AI micro with monks is actually busted.

Old HD AI wasn’t very good, but on some occasions it’d go 100% monks with Aztecs. If you didn’t have Heresy in your TT you were already dead.

Patrol would just be that, for players. Hard no.

5 Likes

and tutons for resistance

Funnily enough Aztec monks wouldn’t be even that good since with auto-conversion and enough monks you’re converting everything before it can strike anyway, so besides maybe against Briton archers other monk civs would be better.

On some maps like arena you can go Malay flank and fast imp into monks with 12 range you’ll have enough monks with auto convert in this case that your teamate can castle drop and you can keep auto converting forward while retreating back to castle while stealing their army. This strategy is only held back by lack of auto convert right now on arena would be super easy otherwise. Worst case scenario your opposing flank is Britons with extra range you’ll still have 12 range Vs his 8 range and an imp castle to fall back to with early trebs.

the nice thing about Aztecs is that their monks are a lot better vs light cav because the extra HP from techs basically negates the bonus dmg

i guess in monk vs monk battles the teutons could be fairly scary with the extra conversion resistance, while still having all the necessary monastery techs

The title of this post actually made me laugh out loud, thanks for that 11

I don’t get why you get it.