More info about Retold

That’s cool! They did promise us comparisons a while ago but never delivered.

Atlantean Titan

4 Likes

yeah most obviously some myth units have been blown up in size like minotaur and einherjar. easier to click on but highlights how tiny the buildings are which hurts the illusion. i know most players wont care about that change though

See buildings in comparison to human units. They are fine.

5 Likes

I like the new Minimap. Looks like a Square version of the AoE3DE one, which is nice.
AoE3DE has the best Minimap of all AoE games in my opinion.
AoE2DE doesn’t have icons for important buildings/units while AoE4 overdoes things by giving less important things like hunt their own massive icon.

Edit:
But I dislike that they didn’t fix the confusing thing that the Athlantians are just Greeks in the first campaign and then suddenly turn into their own civilisation in the second campaign.
There should be more elegant ways to make that work.

1 Like

Athena looks beautiful. Arkantos is just another Adam Sandler lol :joy:

3 Likes

i think some of the viewing perspectives in the video are an odd choice and don’t do the screenshots and other footage justice. cause in some perspectives in the video some scales look a bit too cartoony which makes it look a bit mobile. but in the screenshots and also other parts of the video everything looks fine. its so weird. (at least for me)

also about the titans in my opinion cerberrus looks the best. egypt one looks good too, atlantean is fine just not a fan of the head much (liked the old head more)
also promethean titan looks better but also the most goofy so far. hit and miss for me here. but we’ll see ingame during gameplay i guess.

also i agree athena looks really lovely :blush: arkantos looks fine and much better but still pretty “standard” but even i like old arkantos, old one had this problem too. hoped they would give new one a scar or something to stand out more ### # ## #### with the direction and its a gigantic improvement to the old one. crazy jump!

The story/lore explanation is that Atlantis is a Greek colony but in the past they had their own culture that worshipped the Titans, which they return to in the expansion campaign. They shouldn’t mess with the campaigns too much. All the made-up Atlantean lore is a bit silly, but they can’t change it without completely changing the civ. It’s irreparably screwed up by the original devs mixing up Kronos and Chronos.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s what I said…if Retold was going to be in RBW then it was going to be released in September (although I thought it would come out on September 30 or the end of September in general)

I liked it…that is to say, it’s the same old AoM, but with better graphics (obviously in a trailer it’s not easy to see everything, but I’m calm with that, AoE 3 DE looks great and with Retold the same thing will happen)…

Yes, they are already grasping the tricks of other companies such as different versions, several days of exclusive access, paid OP skins and gods, I hope they don’t break the game with that crap… about the regional price, in Argentina it doesn’t change a lot…the game costs 40 USD and the minimum monthly salary is 152 USD, so there is gamepass or gamezfull xd…

Yeah, i think the same…they never removed their dlcs in the new releases, only reworking them (aka The Forgotten in 2 DE), so the same will happen again with TotD for Retold…and yeah, i think that Exp 1 and 2 were only TT and TotD but i like a new pantheon in the game…Aztecs and Babylonians are great, maybe Aztecs first (only port them from AoE 3 DE to Retold) and then Babylonians from AoEO…

Yes, that’s for sure… next year AoE 2 and AoM Retold will also be released on PS5 and in 2026 AoE 3 DE and AoE 4, while next year AoE 3 DE will be released on Xbox for its 5 years (and 20 of the original)…

Yes, or Sumerians/Babylonians (they appear in the game’s source code and also appear in AoEO)…

Yes, you have to be cautious, but optimistic, since the game is being developed by the same studios as the DE editions…

I suppose it will be similar to the 3 DE…if you want, you can keep the resources at the top like the other DE or classic at the bottom in the middle like the classic AoM/AoE 3…

Yes, I’m not saying AoEO-type cartoon, but not excessively realistic like AoE 3 DE it will be good…

Yes, with Gaia they did the same thing of making her more similar to what she is in mythology (although now there are memes that she looks like Groot from Marvel xd)…

We’ll see, but most likely it will have a destruction similar to AoE 3 DE…

Chinese and maybe Aztecs putting the Return of the Gods mod in Retold or Sumerians/Babylonians from AoEO…

Exactly, if it were AoM 2 it would be like AoE 4 but with mythological units…

Sure, they touched up the mythological and titanic units, but the human units and buildings remain the same…

See, this is what I said about the UI… it’s the same as the DE editions with everything on top (resources included) and then you have a clean screen and only the panel below appears when you click like in 3 DE…

Ufff…Arkantos and Athena now look like a ##### ##### and mummy and not characters out of Zelda Ocarina of Time xd…

Wow, it looks very powerful…

Yes, AoE 3 has a good, simple but effective minimap that marks what is important and the fauna only marks you in brown and does not give you icons for useless things…

Yeah, maybe they didn’t want to change too much from the original campaigns and just focus on redoing the horrible Chinese campaign…

Yeah…How I would have liked Arkantos to look in Retold:

How it looks:

Yes, it’s a matter of perspective, it’s also the first time we’ve seen it like this, so it will just be a matter of getting used to it (many AoE 3 DE units look the same with the same faces)…

While it is not known for certain, it was likely either the Olympian gods or Pre-Historical Migrations that allowed the Atlantean ancestors to arrive on Atlantis.

During its early history, Atlantis was covered in forests and plains, and because of this, it was home to many horses, however over time, the forests and plains were slowly replaced by farm land and urban development. During this time, Atlantis was divided, but would eventually become a unified state ruled by religious leaders called Theocrats.

Over time, Atlantis would eventually settle and found many colonies, and territories in Greece, Egypt, Scandinavia and other places, and the Atlantean theocracy became an economic and military superpower. This would eventually wane however, most likely due to the slow collapse of support into the theocracy, and general ignorance towards religion.

I would love Babylonians and Romans more than Aztecs because with the addition of the chinese you would get all 5 OG aoe factions (that are represented as the inspiration for the architecture sets in aoe1) greeks, egypts, chinese, babylonians and with rise of rome the romans (and yes romans had a very rich and independend mythology before they went greek geeks, just wanted to mention it :smiley: ).

But i can absolutely respect that many people wishing for aztecs because they have a very interesting mythology too. In the end i’m happy about every new civ/mythology for the future (as long as it isn’t some modern fantasy stuff like lovecraft haha)

PS: the new trailer looks fantastic and the release date sounds good to me :slight_smile:
Okea nos (why the hell is this name censored) new art looks really cool :smiley:
And i kinda like Ardamtos Sandlos :smiley:

i’d LOVE a gallo-roman civilization. mix of celtic and italic like Cernunnos, Belenos, and Mercury, and synthesized gods like Jupiter-Taranis, and it’s the civilization that legends like King Arthur and Merlin come from, so there’s some real interesting stuff to draw on

1 Like

Very tiny cyclops and chimera in this 10 min gameplay lol.

Minotaur looks huge next to cyclop haha, obviously these are still unpolished models, I refuse to believe that cyclop and chimera would be so small in the finished product.

1 Like