More than 200 pop?

Re: “Not having a higher pop cost also means you don’t have to trade out your low value but high pop cost units like Zerg players have to trade their Roaches away.”

I think you’re thinking about this backwards. Roaches are high supply for their value. Based on your example pikemen/archers are high supply for their value compared to Knights/Hand Cannoneers so you would want to trade them away just like you want to trade away roaches. The problem is even worse because instead of being able to get 1 ultra for every 3 roaches you could get the better units at a 1 to 1 ratio.

Age of mythology is older and has it.

i agree that in custom games, we should be able to go to 500 units. And maybe more.

1 Like

I said only became “normal” the past decade or so

age of mythology older than a decade. is 19 years old.

You literally ignored my entire post.
Read it again, slower this time please

no

Post must be at least 20 characters

200 is the max pop.

Campaigns will have a higher pop cap than normal matches.

In my opinion, they should increase the limit to 250/300.

Already did a 200 army (yeah I killed all my villagers) and still didn’t feel like it was too huge. It was still easy to manage, especially if you attack the enemy from different flanks.

1 Like

My question is, why is it capped at 200 when AoE2 was allowed infinite? I tried it, it was epic.

250 should be max pop that’s more then enough to watch all angles of the map and only one side will be overwhelm. The zoom level is fine