More than 3 Nations?

I never played AOE. I started with AOE2 with a demo I got in PC Gamer. I heard AOE has more than 3 nations. I’m guessing its pretty standard like AOE2 where they all have bonuses and such?

They are called civilizations. Yes, each has it’s own bonuses and lack of certain technologies. There are 16 civs total.

There are 5 different architecture types (how buildings look etc) Egyptian, Greek, Babylonian, Asian, Roman. Or at least, that’s how I remember them :wink:

For example, Egyptian, Assyrian, Sumerian all use the same architecture, but vary quite a bit in bonuses and technologies.

There’ll be a tech tree in the game now that will make it easier to find out what each civ has.

@GrizzGolf said:
I never played AOE. I started with AOE2 with a demo I got in PC Gamer. I heard AOE has more than 3 nations. I’m guessing its pretty standard like AOE2 where they all have bonuses and such?

these civs have bonus but don’t have unique units.

@Penelinfi said:
They are called civilizations. Yes, each has it’s own bonuses and lack of certain technologies. There are 16 civs total.

There are 5 different architecture types (how buildings look etc) Egyptian, Greek, Babylonian, Asian, Roman. Or at least, that’s how I remember them :wink:

For example, Egyptian, Assyrian, Sumerian all use the same architecture, but vary quite a bit in bonuses and technologies.

There’ll be a tech tree in the game now that will make it easier to find out what each civ has.

Nations Civs does it really matter? You knew what I was talking about.

@Augustusman said:

@GrizzGolf said:

Hmmm so its all the same units.

@GrizzGolf said:

@Penelinfi said:

Nations Civs does it really matter? You knew what I was talking about.

@Augustusman said:

@GrizzGolf said:

Hmmm so its all the same units.

Yes I know, these was a feature in AoK.