Mosquito Coast & Mosquito Coast LOST Maps

I like it. VERY MUCH. I personally think Bahia should’ve been this one @vitorcxb20 . It’s much more suitable than the one chosen from ESO repository. Let me kidnap your idea Mozilla. :yum:

Why update Bahia and Pernambuco?

If this map is chosen to replace the current Bahia map, the only modification would be the pirates protecting the Trading posts and water puddles in land. Bahia was a coastal region when “discovered” by the Portuguese in 1500s. They only went inwards for real after several decades/centuries just like in USA.

IMAGES

CURRENT MAP becomes PERNAMBUCO

The current one (Lumaco) could be used to create “Pernambuco” or Northeast Brazilian coast: the region above Bahia - look at the first map I posted above.

Doing a geographical comparison
  • Pernambuco and the northeast coast stretches horizontally, with much more interior land proportion than water. They have a small rotation NE (just like Lumaco).

• Bahia stretches vertically with more water proportion than land (unlike Lumaco). Just like Mosquito.

Why are Pernambuco and Bahia unique?

The region above Bahia was later known for the Dutch colonization as New Dutch/Dutch Brazil and their governor Maurice of Nassau (yep, the same one from the game) around 1630 . The capital was Pernambuco/Recife. So, as you can see these two regions are QUITE apart until late 17th- early 18th century. AOE3 generalized all of the right side of Brazil has been generalized as “Bahia”, but we can fix that.

IMAGES

• Pernambuco highlighted above Bahia

• AOE3 Bahia/ Lumaco

I think this map is blessing! It looks good, there can be one more South America map and it’s a much more suitable and geographical representation. Even the key naval colonial commerce route to the east is also represented by both maps! :heart_eyes:

@vividlyplain would you mind consider it? :smiley:

2 Likes