Most OP unit in AoE4 never even existed

Ok nevermind your answers are so stupid so am gonna react anyway just to prove how stupid u actually are.

Ehm … no? Not your entire gameplay? you answer to knigths with spears. to bows with bows/mangonels but how do u answer to fastest cavalry which can torch down a TC within 5s ? tell me how mr. smart? Which can destroy 4 farm just during ride without need to stop?

Yes and thats it … Everybody who picks China in TGs above 2v2 is only to do FL abuse or super-late game bombard abuse which are both super-annoying to deal it or even impossible to deal with when skills are egual … luckily am very very good player imo so its rare to meet a Chinese on the same level as am but it is still annoying, boring, and it ruins entire fun and game-experience I would like to have.

You are disscusing with one of the best players in Coh2 who hit rank1 many many times with all factions (expect Brits) and is among top50 players in tgs … So yeah its deffinetly my daily dose of play to sit back for 45 mins :slight_smile:

Yeah so everybody use FL in tgs because its completely useless unit and cannot decide a game within a few seconds - okay

Yes … sorry I went to play AoE IV not because I want to spamm one unit which is stupidly designed like FL or super-buged HA OR to do 30 sieges but I want an actual medieval fights with archers,infantry and knights all … sorry … I expected this game to be better in this … :slight_smile:

I was FL rushed like 1-2 times in all of my games (I used to be RUS mainly player but since I realized HA are buged I stopped to play them completely btw.) So yeah u can try but I doubt we will eve meet with our ELO difference bro.

You sure?
12t range bombard with many many more health counters 12t range spring which can be one-shooted? ah okay … We have a drug consumer here … ALERT everybody.

We will see in upocoming months as numbers will be dropping and dropping only because of incopetence of dev. team okay? :slight_smile: Am really looking forward to January patch which will solve all the problems liike missing features/inbalanced stuff or cheating/dropping (Oh yes I mean January of 2023 :slight_smile: )

Happy that feelings are mutual :slight_smile:

If mongols succeed with their tower rush or french with knight poke or any sort of massive economic dmg is received early on thats the whole gameplay. You can just tap out. You’re not going to get back to game and win it. Pointless to stick around for 10-30mins.

Baseline movement speed is 1.5 tiles for firelancer. Yuan Dynasty increases this by 15% which makes it if I recall correctly 1.65. Knights lancers got baseline 1.63, Horsemen baseline is 1.88

Now. Last time I checked 1.5 is smaller than 1.63 or 1.88 but my math is bit rusty. Could you confirm this mr want to know?

I would recommend actually checking aoe4 wikipedia for stats. It can help to figure out if things are how they seem to be.

I was told scouts cant do snipe landmarks and for some reason I was also told that I had never done it before because it was impossible.

Should we start discussing nerffing scouts now?

I have told multiple times over and over again and ill happily tell you. FL or any kind of strategy and key to prevent it is INFORMATION. How are you supposed to defend against something if you got your pants down while picking the soap from ground?

You cant prepare for everything but here is general things I have picked during my 2v2 adventures. French + chinese or english is always rush. Chinese = safe to assume FL and keep eye on their base.

Now what comes to dealing with FL itself.

FL is weak in melee combat and has very similar stats to horsemen in terms of HP and attack. Only way them to kill anything which isn’t ranged unit or siege is to charge over them.

Let me ask you mr pants down soap man? What do you do against mangonels when they’re firing? No need to answer I tell you.

You press C when you know there is mangonels and more advanced users do this manually. Same applies to FL. If you split your units when they charge in you neglect majority of their dmg and they just die.

Is it hard? Seems so.

Lemme ask you. Why don’t you share one of your games where you get defeated by FL. Lets analyze it? Waiting to hear your response which will never arrive nor you’re not willing to share because its common trend in here.

There are other ways to deal with them like stonewalls, tons of tower close to each other / keep, simcity base and trap them inside and kill when they go destroy landmark. Or simply having cavarly between them and your base and micro properly if they try to run past and chase them down.

I can bet all those who complain are literally doing nothing other than trying to boom or are completely out of position to deal with threat that FL may posses without even knowing if they come or not.

Is it a good unit? No. Does it work against noobs? Yes. What then if its countered? China throws away tons of resources and you should be ahead. But seems like countering something is so hard nowdays.

Oh snap. Yeah sis I think you need to reach the 500 elo before meeting me. Never heard of anyone having negative elo but no worries sis. Its fine someday you will grow up to be fine whateveryou’re

Oooooooooh snap here we go again. Ooooh snap bois we got a person with info.

Springalds share same range. They’re cheaper to produce, easier to control and can insta destroy bombard also every civ can outproduce chinas siege. So are you gonna go with bombards that got 10 range vs 12range and are as expensive?

Ofc right answer is springald with superior production… Literally the heck. Get 10 springalds shoot down 2 bombards pull back and bring 2 more to fill numbers and repeat. You really think that there is chinese player out there that can micro 20 bombards to insta kill 10 springalds? Yeah not going to happen…

Bye have a nice life

2 Likes

Bruh, for all that effort you could have queued and played a match as one of the 7 other civs.

1 Like

bombards should be deleted from game, ruins the game!!

2 Likes

ı think bombard is very op. I agree viper.

I agree 100 percent and have said it before. Or put a limit on how many sieges engines u can have

Not sure how you can imply china didn’t have bombards, they invented the cannon in the 7th century, and used naval cannons during the Yuan dynasty. During the Ming dynasty artillery cannons and other forms of gunpowder weapons became common war implements. Sure they didn’t have the same wallbusting capability as in AOE4, but thats more of a balance thing and age doesn’t even differentiate stone vs wood buildings.

Also implying ottomans were the first ones to build wall-busting cannons is wildly inaccurate. In fact the cannons the ottomans used to take down Constantinople were built by Hungarians.

2 Likes

Indeed most “Ottoman” bombards were built in European states and then hired (including European crew) by the Ottomans.

I don’t know where OP got the idea that Ottomans were the biggest users or the pioneers of artillery in the world? The Sultan had a lot of money to hire mercenaries, but that doesn’t mean the Ottoman state was so innovative.

2 Likes

That kid is around for a while already and running through accounts like others change their underwear. He gets quite often banned as he isn’t able to hide his weird affection for ottomans and despise for … basically anything else. It goes even as far that he compliments himself with alt accounts and faking an accent, but it seems like they still catch him regularly. Anyway, you will come to learn the pattern to identify him quite easy. Mostly he hijacks random topics or creates them and sprinkles in all the ottomans BS he annoys this place with for months. Just derail his threads or ignore him like most here do. And even if it’s not him, no need to excuse, as it’s just another one not able to keep their ridiculous nationalism in the toilet.

https://aoe4world.com/stats/civilizations?rating=1100-1199

It took 41 scouts to take down one TC in 30s. Blue had no defenses whatsoever. FL can burn through defenses and take down 2 Landmarks at the same time.

What form of defense are you talking about? Keep? Tower? Stone tower? 1 spearmen? Pls be more specific.

I actually tested something with tax mechanic of china. Goal was to reach castle age fast while spamming scouts. Wasn’t worth. But this is relevant to topic in way that I can produce mass amount of scouts and rush opponent with feudal unit with no problems and kill them. Sure it might take longer kill a landmark and if scouted easier to counter. Cheaper, deals something like 1/2 torch dmg or 1/3 of FL and doesn’t require minimum 15mins of game to go. Both are easily countered yet none of you moan about these. But the fact that there is less economy, less landmarks, less units makes this much easier to pull off as long as player hides their stables early on.

There is plenty of rushes that are insanely strong especially in team games like english + french ram rush. Basically any feudal age ram rush is extremely effective yet no one is bitching about them. So I wonder.

Yeaaah, I get why you’re a shill for the Chinese dude. Like I said on the other thread, I switched to Chinese. Easiest wins I’ve had, 1v1 or team-based matches. Now I know exactly how you feel if they were to get nerfed.

That being said, if they get nerfed, that should mean that Delhi are fixed, which means I’ll go back to them.

FL are broken. Why fight it when you can ride up the ranking with little to no friction.

Thanks for the advise.

I don’t care if they nerf FL, but its not solution for being bad player that cant counter a unit. Only thing happens is you move to another thing that you cant deal with.

Also none of you have explained why I don’t lose to FL all ins / rushes or masses in 2v2? And those happen frequently. Or well not lose is wrong term but 1 out of 10 FL fights I do lose. So yeah. Or no one has ever given me access to any of their replays when requested to see how they lose. :slight_smile:

Happy that you’re having fun time. Which elo are you now?

They can’t counter. Like I said, I’m now a Chinese believer and only rush FL, easy wins, easy ride.

This is first time I see FL from the opponent which is like 10mins before this.

To counter cheesy backdoor I set up airlock to buy myself time. Please note enemy was going for sacred site victory and I leave rest of story for bit later.

Here is my first engagement with FL. I had 18 handcannoneers + 3 bombards and opponent had around 45-50 none elite FL. Also I had only + attack from blacksmith and all siege upgrades for bombards.

Wanna guess what happened?

Wait for it wait for it…

I killed all of them.

So lets analyze it bit. If it was the ppl in here they would have kept their handcannoneers in front in big chunk and got wiped out.

While my micro got slightly screwed idea was to get keep behind up and get handcannoneers to wall but screwed it up bit and lost some of them.

I pulled my scouts that I had made to hinder and block them. I knew my bombards were too few to tank them so I decided to pull them back and let keep deal with FL too.

Next engagement he had similar force but I already had upper hand and for me he made another wall next to sacred site and I positioned my handcannoneers there and rushed keep up with 20-30 workers. First he was going for my workers but I split them same with my handcannoneers till they were on top of wall.

Sure I had imperial advantage but it was risky play to go imperial because we were on 10minute timer and I had no gold income shortly after they got the sites. They had all the relics while I had none. When I noticed aggressive stone wall I dropped 3 markets in corner of map and started to trade and dropped second TC.

So you’re god sake telling me that FL cannot be defeated?

no one is saying it can’t be defeated, everyone is saying that FL are broken. That’s why I’m playing just Chinese now, easy ride up the ladder.

How far has it gotten you up the ladder? I have a genuine interest in knowing because playing only Delhi is kinda hard at the moment.

But you just did say that? That they cant be countered and cant be countered means they cant be defeated…

I already demonstrated with 24 of army supply vs double army supply of FL and won it easily.

Seems more and more of bad plays than anything else

I’ve seen you reach for the straws before, but that takes a whole new level of lazy.