Most used civs [Poll]

I didn’t play for more than 2 months so I didn’t vote.
If you host more polls such as I suggested, may be I can vote too.

1 Like

It seems that way, I would say more than 70% of tourney picks are euros, they are the most standard and most are relatively easy to pick up

Maybe what we should do is find a way we can get both the people on this forum and the people on the aoe3 Reddit to vote too, then we add up both of those votes and do the math for the percentages.

4 Likes

Not surprised by the most played because most of those civs are beginner friendly and very strong at lower ranks such as ottoman jan rush and russia rush they get a lot of wins at lower elo but in top 50 they are not as good because players know how to beat those civs easily.
Civs like ports/japan/inca/haud are quite unforgiving and not as easy to play as just doing an otto double rax jan rush at least at lower/average ranks.

Only thing that surprises me is swedes because I see a lot of bad players using the swedes to inflate their elo by 200, with any other civ these players would be far lower ranked, I guess they just don’t come on to the forums because of the anti-sweden posts.

2 Likes

Those guys are cool, if you guys like the forums you are really gonna warm up to these guys :3
Sad that they don’t post as often as AoE2DE ¬¬
imagen
STRAIGHT OUTTA REDDIT

3 Likes

Speaking of wich… What civilizations do the top players use most? That would give us a good idea of a civ’s power when in the right hands :man_shrugging:
Like, what civ main is Haitch? (#1 player today)

Mostly see sweden, japan, india, spain, portugal, dutch I’d say based on recent tournament games.

3 Likes

Russia and sometimes japan and india

2 Likes

huh

Russia

How about that

1 Like

Haitch is one of a kind, he could make Aztec look Op if he wanted too

But for an average pro you see pretty much any European civ, occasionally you get someone that likes Inca, or japan, sometimes china.

2 Likes

Since I bought the game this summer sale, I only played as russians so I can revolt to romania :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Romania is actually a very viable late game choice for Russia. It makes up for all the weaknesses Russia has against late game compositions.

Dances in Turkish !!!

1 Like

Yeah ahahah, I wish we could get official stats though…

I responded sweden but Lakota or Spanish could also be true.

I think that Russia and Ottoman are in the top because of the average level of the players in the forum. Most new players like simple all in rush tactics, hence the strelet rush and Janissary Rush are easy picks.

I think that Japan and Sweden were not picked because there is the bias of “OP Civ”.

Ports, Lakota, Hauds and Chinese are hard to play with complex builds or require a more intensive micro, hence in a low tier player base they would not be picked so much.

2 Likes

There is no more micro intensive civ than brits. I’m not sure what you are talking about

It makes sense if you take into account that most players are statistically speaking noobs/mid-level, in which rushing is prevalent.

2 Likes

Bruh, British is the lazy player dream… You just need to send Virginia Company, age up with the Quartermaster then press “H” a lot and produce units from 3 military buildings for the rest of the game.

Compare to Germany, that needs 4-6 control groups of units since they use Skirmishers and War Wagons overkill so much, plus they need to control Uhlas, that don’t tank a lot of damage, and carry on raids at the same time, while they also need to watch for raids themselves because they units are so coin heavy that their villagers are on all the coin mines around the map.

Even fricking Swedes is less lazy than British, because at least you need to have the decency to place your Torps carefully so you gather multiple resources. British just puts Manor Houses on whatever and send the vills to gather resources.
You don’t even need to kite with longbowman (Officially you can’t, but that’s another story), you just need to let they stand still and do their thing.

Like, I don’t think that they are overpowered or anything, but man, talk about a bot civ… :roll_eyes:
(And when even a guy that played a lot of Russia says that a civ is a bot civ… that is saying something)

1 Like

How about every civ in the game other than Chinese and swedes?

These statistics are much different in professional tournaments. The 3 most played civilizations are port, spanish and sweden. The 3 least played civs are lokato, otto, usa. Unlike here, Otto is among the 3 least played civilizations in the tournament.

1 Like