Mouse Auto Scrolls to the upper left hand corner

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

Build 47820 (Full version on Title Screen is 101.101.47820.0 6624001)

• GAME BUILD #: 47820
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Once the game launches the mouse pointer drifts automatically to the upper left hand corner.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch Game on Win10 on Steam
  2. Watch Mouse Pointer fly away, wanting to be free.
  3. That’s it.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Just have the mouse pointer stay put until moved by the user.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Attached.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Did you try already using another mouse, most times this behavior is caused by a broken mouse.

What also could help is to check the tracker eye that scans the surface, so turn it around and check that little hole with led or laser for stuff that shouldn’t be there.
Sometimes dirt or hair get stuck disrupting it’s normal operation.

If that all doesn’t help, check if your table or desk is laser leveled. Just kidding.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried two other optical mice and it is the same issue. However, I see the same thing with C&C Remastered so I believe it is a driver / OS issue. Good suggestion.

If it’s a laptop also check your touchpad.

It is a custom tower and my main mouse is a Razer Death Adder. Everything was fine two days ago. I see the issue in two games but not all. The plot thickens, I guess.

Yep, very weird.

Do you have other USB devices installed, like steering wheel, joystick or gamepads?

It must be something that interferes someway somehow with the mouse steering.

Could be driver related as well. Are there optional Windows updates available?

Got it. Having my PS4 controller plugged in at the same time causes the mouse to drift but only in games where the mouse is preferred or the only realistic option (mouse does not drift when loading Halo MCC) but it does drift in C&C Remastered and Age.

1 Like

Well, problem solved with work around. Unplugging the PS4 controller.

I had this issue long time ago already with my MS Force Feedback steering wheel. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, sir! Thanks for the responses. I figured it out right when you posted your reply. Appreciate your willingness to help.

1 Like

You are always welcome. Wish a nice weekend already.

2 Likes