Mouse Disconnecting and Re-Connecting ONLY on AOE2 DE

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Hi all, during the game my mouse disconnect for few seconds.
I update drivers, changed mouse, set power management off and disabled all sleep mode stuffs, runned as administrator and disabled USB slective suspend setting
This never happened in other games and neither in AOE2 HD.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a multiplayer or single player game
  2. After a while it can happen.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The game works smoothly without any disconnection

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

No image

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*No game files or recording

Just want to report this issue is happening to me too. I also changed my settings as above (no sleep mode etc.), issue is occurring randomly since one or two days, no change in setup and also after replugging in hardware.

For me, I hear the disconnect - reconnect sound right after each other and notice a one secon stutter in my mouse movement. This can happen multiple times per game.

Only to say that the issue still remain :unamused:

maybe tell everyone which kind of mouse you have would help others in similar situation, are you using a laptop or desktop? lots of laptop have issue with USB power because OEM trying to save money on motherboard making it a cheap junk. I doubt this will be an issue for the game.

to narrow it down, if mouse disconnects then it is likely powered off during those time? AOE2DE as a software technically would not have any affect on USB power, unless of course somehow it is using more power in a certain area which resulting in cutting power to the USB?

honestly not sure, you’d have to go step by step to trouble shoot this, best of luck.

Thanks for a good answer. Yes there are some missing information.

I used 2 mouse:
TRUST GXT 152
RAZER Viper Mini

I use Laptop HP 15-an000nl

Mouse still active (lights are on) but i listen the windows sound of disconnecting and reconnecting.
Also in menu never happened that issue.
Also in other game more demanding(star wars battelfront 2) i don’t have any problem

I sometimes have both the keyboard and the mouse not working in the game. Not disconnection. But the game doesn’t read any input. Any other program still reads the input though. In this case I have to exit to desktop and force close the game.