Mouse wheel hotkey not working properly

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.42346.0 (#107882) 13720908
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I use the mouse wheel for several shortcuts, and since the recent update (at the same time the issue with Key 56 came up which was mentioned in another thread) most of the time they don’t work the way i was used to for years now. It’s difficult to break down, because in some instances it seems to work. The issue is that i use to scroll the wheel multiple steps at once and move it back and forth. If I use it just one step, there seems to be no problem. So, three ways i use it don’t work properly:

1. Unit production: If i scroll the wheel multiple steps up, multiple knights should be produced, but only one will be. If i hold shift at the same time, a ton should be produced out of multiple stables, but only 5 will be.

2. Split: If i scroll the wheel up and down to switch between flank and line formation, the units don’t “dance” as reliably as they do if the hotkeys are set to keyboard keys. Some of the time the units even don’t react to the wheel down, which should put them back to line formation, before they finished their move to flank formation.

3. Construcion: I’ve set “wheel up” to “military building” and to “palisade wall”. So, if it scroll it up two steps or more, i should instantly be able to build a palisade. But i have to wait an instant and scroll it again before the palisade appears.

It’s not an issue with my mouse, i tested several ones and it did’t make a difference.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Set “wheel up” as hotkey for “flank”, “knight”(or any other unit), “military building”(construct), and “palisade”(or any other military building), set “wheel down” as hotkey for “line”
  2. Enter a game and apply the hotkeys.
  3. You will see that the sound the hotkey make isn’t corresponding to the (amount of) actions it generates.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Fine, i made a video for each of the three problems. In each of them, you will see me using a key first, then switching to mouse wheel up, executing the same task.
In this first video, i produce knights out of 8 stables. Switching to the mouse wheel, they should be produced faster, but the opposite happens:
aoe2 mouse wheel bug - unit production (youtube.com)

Here, I switch between line and flank formation. This works very inconsistently using the mouse wheel. Some of the times, i have to wait until the units stop walking (so they are in flank position, standing still), before they start reacting to my order to get back in line formation.
aoe2 mouse wheel bug - flank/line formation (youtube.com)

In this last video, I first build a house pressing Q(economy building hotkey) and Q(house hotkey), then holding Q with achieving both in one movement, but slow. The same works with the palisade (here with I as a hotkey): pressing twice or holing I builds a palisade.
Switching to the mouse wheel, sometimes it works just as i want, i move the wheel up and the palisade instantly appears. But mostly i have to apply it two or even three times: The first movement just opens the military building menu. This makes quickwalling very hard.
aoe2 mouse wheel bug - building (youtube.com)

It doesn’t show visually, but one can hear the sound which says that I hit the keys/wheel.

I also use the mouse scroll for similar purposes, but no bugs for me this time.