MS didn't remaster Conquest?

Judging by the soundtrack’s tracklist on Amazon one pretty iconic song, Conquest won’t be in AoE DE.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0o2aBk86UKY
Shame. :frowning:

It’ll still be in the game, in the CD format (I believe). They remastered 20 songs, + the main theme and the campaign intro. The rest will be touched up, I think…

Don’t take my word for it though :slight_smile:

Ding ding!

@Penelinfi said:
Ding ding!

Yep.

@RWNorthPole said:
It’ll still be in the game, in the CD format (I believe). They remastered 20 songs, + the main theme and the campaign intro. The rest will be touched up, I think…

Don’t take my word for it though :slight_smile:

Well, I won’t. :smiley: I just can’t imagine that the old soundtrack would gel nicely with the new one. If they manage to do that then that will be some class A remastering.

Yeah i dont know why did they decide to not remaster it when it was obviously one of the best and most memorable song within aoe1. I started everysingle game with that epic tune 20 years ago, its hard to let it go :smiley: :smiley:

Ironically some of the tracks that weren’t too interesting in MIDI/xMIDI are great in the DE, while they butchered the Wally and GraySky (Too much orchestral wishywash going on instead of playing a direct rendition!).

The CD version - Only Rain, Wally and GraySky, of which 2 were MIDI. Given the style, it probably wouldn’t have sounded right anyway. They did a good job on Rain to be satisfied.

I was expecting the GraySky theme to sound a little more like this, but with full orchestra ;p 1:34s

@Penelinfi said:
Ironically some of the tracks that weren’t too interesting in MIDI/xMIDI are great in the DE, while they butchered the Wally and GraySky (Too much orchestral wishywash going on instead of playing a direct rendition!).

I love the new version of Grey Sky, I think it’s better than the original. That song was always “orchestral wishywash”, now it’s at its true potential.

@Zaxx said:
Judging by the soundtrack’s tracklist on Amazon one pretty iconic song, Conquest won’t be in AoE DE.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0o2aBk86UKY
Shame. :frowning:

I knew some songs were missing at the official OST, perhaps those will be included in the original game since there is going to be a classic mode. Well that’s what I expect.

I hope that the full original CD soundtrack will be available in the game to listen to, just like the graphics can be switched between new and old. I hope that there’s a check-box in the audio options menu to select to listen to either the new soundtrack, or the original CD music soundtrack. Maybe there could be an option for the MIDI soundtrack, as well.

The opening track from the original CD Music is the most iconic track from AoE - it’s like a revelation and unveiling of a long-forgotten time.

@“Beegor Bucleor” said:
I hope that the full original CD soundtrack will be available in the game to listen to, just like the graphics can be switched between new and old. I hope that there’s a check-box in the audio options menu to select to listen to either the new soundtrack, or the original CD music soundtrack. Maybe there could be an option for the MIDI soundtrack, as well.

The opening track from the original CD Music is the most iconic track from AoE - it’s like a revelation and unveiling of a long-forgotten time.

I like your idea of a toggle/check box in game to switch between the two soundtracks +1

Hey people

I have noticed this aswell, however I think they did it like the gold edition since this song was also not included in the gold edition from what i recall.

So here’s the deal i am working on a update version. the thing is, i searched for the midi but it sounds not right there were mistakes sometimes to early or to late. Also hate they use wrong pitch for people who know pitch is :slight_smile:

So i’ll do my version i’ll try to get the old ambience at some part with it.

Eitherway this was the only in midi which wasn’t correct the others are. Which is actually very simply to just play it.

Since i’m just one person i can’t tell when that going be done would be nice if this was on steam would have on steamworkshop but that isn’t the case :confused:

Greetings elrawen

As i alrdy did a song before some people liked. I hope it’ll done soon.

Once agian not an easy to play

@“Beegor Bucleor” said:

This. If they manage to get an option in for switching on the fly between DE-music, CD-Music and MIDI-music then they have done something extremely rare and truly lived up to the name of a definitive edition.