Muisca Confederation: In Concept and Practice

Why not learn DAT modding if you want to actually play around with stuff like this? I’m thinking you want to make a new type of mine altogether, with a different appearance ideally, and different stats depending on what you want.

Not worth it over 1 tech a couple people don’t love. I would consider it at the end of the initial design if I find there are a dozen or so essential functionalities I need that can’t be approximated more simply in the SE. Would be cool, but currently not essential, and would require a lot of extra time. Even with DAT modding there are a lot of things you can’t do AFAIK.

There’s also the potential to run into the same issues as with the editor, i.e. put a lot of effort into something to find that it is bugged/doesn’t work due to the devs not prioritizing this kind of content at all.

Also, made a couple changes to the OP. Changed the Spear/Skirm bonus somewhat, updated buildings to all spawn a Guecha Warrior, removed infantry fire arrows and ring archer armor, updated Guecha stats, and added villager healing to lodges.

A few more changes as well:
-Gave Siege Ram
-Removed Minimum Range from Guecha Warrior.
-Lodges Heal Range improved to 5.
-Improved Guecha attack by 1 and Slinger attack by 2.

Some final changes, then I’m pretty content with where the civ is at.

-Removed Garrison Bonus
-New Bonus: Town Center technologies (except Loom) researched instantly.
-Tied Gold generation to starting Town Center instead of Zipa.

The new bonus seems unnecessary

It’s so broken.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but all techs except loom at the TC includes aging up, which is unbelievably unbalanced.

I see it as mnot including age ups considering Chinese age ups arent cheaper

But I just dont see why it is necesary

Well, I figured logically it wouldn’t include age ups, but I still wanted to mention it. Even without that, it’s basically just a payed version of the Viking bonus combined with the Byzantine bonus.

It may be, but without it they seem quite weak until Muzo kicks in. The stone bonus is nice over the long term, but doesn’t give any kind of early game powerspike. Gold trickle is also okay, but in the short term it’s a weaker Turks bonus, but without the Turk Castle Age powerspike. I may consider revising it to researching 50% faster or something, but I think they may be too weak without it.

Feel free to make your case for why they don’t need it of course, you may be right, and some things are hard to tell without testing. For now I think 50% is a reasonable compromise since I think they need something, but I don’t think it has to be that strong.

Bruh, have a little faith in my judgment. I do have one thing in the other thread that affects technologies, but it explicitly mentions that it does include age ups, otherwise it wouldn’t.

This is the same logic in game, where Chinese have cheaper Techs and Portuguese Techs research faster, neither of them need to say that it doesn’t include Age Up techs.

Okay, I’ve thought about it and I think you’re right; their early game has some weaknesses, but theoretically the gold trickle is enough to help with a drush or with early Eagles/Archers, and their counter units being a little stronger in Feudal helps them stay alive until the gold rush of their UT. I might improve the amounts slightly if needed, but I like the idea of using the early gold boost to get to the midgame gold boost, rather than relying on other eco bonuses as a crutch.

-Removed Town Center tech bonus.