Multiplayer game becomes unplayable (rubber-banding, input latency, etc)

Same. Played BF Large map 4v4, lag is unbearable. Some units become completely unresponsive. Frame drops are also terrible.

I am on a:
Ryzen 3700
32GB RAM
GTX 950
M.2 SSD
Full fiber optic internet connection. with 150Mbps up and down.

3 Likes

The game is unplayable for this reason.

5 Likes

Same issue - unplayable and not fixed by game restart. Generally I will begin to experience 2-5 seconds command lag within the first 5 mins of play, and this will slowly creep up to multiple minutes by half an hour in.

3 Likes

I have same problem…When I host game against AI the game starts to lag, is not responding and the delay is larger and larger. It happens when I am alone against bots or when I am with friend against bots.
When I played with friend, the delay was like 10 minutes, it was unplayble.
Same happens for my friend when he hosts the game against bots.
It doesnt matter if other players are in game or not, host always has unplayable game. ABSOLUTELY UNPLAYABLE.
How can devs ignore this? It happens for other people, I believe the problem is quite common.

4 Likes

Same problem here. Single player is fine but multiplayer is completely unplayable. Hope there will be a fix soon. I bought that game to play with a friend during quarantine #covid19

4 Likes

I have found out (in my case) that it probably happens only in game with bots, I just played multiplayer with other people and it was without problem

3 Likes

Same here it happens mostly versus AI (we play 3v3 or 4v4, 4 humans-4 AI).

It is extremely annoying that we spent a total of around 100 euros and the game works horribly. and the fact is that in December it was working well!

Please fix thiiiis!

2 Likes

Same issues here. Freezes is not the big problem, the big problem is the game still continue when you freezing. You have more than 30s can’t control your unites after recover from the freeze. Well, 30s is enough to let AI clean your base.
I stop to play this game since this ■■■■ show up.

3 Likes

Same issues :’( … Help pls

3 Likes

Same experience here with the lag affecting the host of the game the most

2 Likes

After c.10 games played (attempted), 5 on multi PVP and 5 multi vs. AI, this only seems to affect vs. AI games.

2 Likes

Just played a game on local lan and by 15 minutes the game was essentially unplayable on the host machine (Ryzen 2600x). System resources were hardly being utilized and the network between both computers is gigabit, so it’s not a hardware issue.

3 Likes

Exact same happens for me but only when playing with my friend versus AIs on the nearest server. Sometimes it happens for my friend aswell. Never happened when playing multiplayer with unknown people wihtout AIs though.

2 Likes

Same here, both problems happen to me:

1. Extreme lag
  2. Suddenly 1 player disconnects from the game

The devs are blaming the hardware…
Come on guys, at least say you’re trying to solve it, but blame devices?
That’s bad, I’m developer and that’s a very bad excuse.

FIX THIS, COMMUNITY IS REALLY BORED WITH THOSE BUGS

3 Likes

I am also getting a lot of lag. How do I control which server I connect to for ranked play? I’m in UAE and landing up playing against Australians? Makes no sense.

3 Likes

Same here, I have had this issue for over 2 months now as well. When playing ranked or so there is no issue. I only use normal mp for AI with my friends. I usually host it and we are getting the same issue, even if some of them host the match. Sometimes I am able to get it working after restarting everyone’s computers and closing all unnecessary process running in the background. Sometimes it doesn’t work xD.

2 Likes

Same here, this issue has also been brought up on the steam discussions page. Any updates on this?
Steam forum post on the issue

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue :frowning:

2 Likes

Same problem here since the new patch is on line !

Game Version: 36202

• Platform : Steam
  • Operating System : Windows 10
  • Gamertag : ANTIUM
  • Tested servers : Ukwest (114ms), Westeurope (119ms), EastUS (154ms)

Issue:

More and more lags from 12th minute. Unlimited freeze at 24th - 25th minute. Game with 2 or 3 players only.

5 Likes

Seriously got this game to play with friends for quarantine #covid-19! now it is completely unplayable!
Similar problem go guy posted here :point_down:

6 Likes