These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- **GAME BUILD 101.102.8319.0 (#73855) 10078593
- **GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- **OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I join a multiplayer team random map game, and in the first seconds of the game a teamate quits, ruining the game for the rest of us players. AFTER he has quit, I naturally resign as a follow up, which is a natural thing to do given that the game is no longer fair. BUG: The game still penalises me for this, forces me to wait before I join any new multiplayer game and even scales up the times I’ve quit which means that the more I play, the more this happens, the more I have to wait every time this happens. Having played over 1300 team random map games, it has reached the point where I have to wait an hour whenever this happens, which effectively means the game forces me to stop playing team random map games (to avoid this bug) and become yet another player that plays just 1vs1s.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY). Note: Because it depends on the behaviour of other players - thankfully the community is not that bad.
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a team random map multiplayer game. (say a 3vs3)
- Have a player quit in the first seconds. Notice he correctly gets penalised for this. (Note: From the rest of the players perspective, the game is now ruined.)
- Have another player, either teammate or enemy quit the game as a follow up. (Note: Enemy players quiting after this may actually SAVE a game by risking sacrificing ELO to rebalance it. This was a positive behaviour that was occuring from time to time prior to the implementation of the penalty system but has now almost completely dissapeared due to THIS bug)
- Notice that the player that quit the game AFTER the first player is also WRONGLY penalised.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I expect that any player that resigns AFTER the very first resignation in a team random map game isn’t penalised. (Note: I would also expect players from the opposing team resigning to be rewarded for trying to save the game, but this is more of an extra feature suggestion rather than a bug obviously)
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Note: If you expect me to try and set this up with another player to get both of us penalised (and a game for others ruined) just to get a video recording of the Issue you are forgetting I’m not working for you as a QA.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.