Game Version: Latest version
Build: Latest Build
Operating System: Windows 8
Restoring a data mod multiplayer saved game does not work, either with auto saves when game crashes, or manual saves.
Here’s how to reproduce the problem:
for manual saves.
- load a custom data mod
- have at least two human players
- let the game start, both players have data mod
- 1 player saves game
- 1 player restore multiplayer game
- 2nd player joins game, start the game count down from 5 to 1
- after count down game says “cancelled” with additional message “other player do not have the same data mod”, which both players clearly do.
(ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
(BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
(ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
(ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])
also, for all the other issues thats related to this, please read here too. A lot of people have similar problem.
[quote] SAVED GAMES WONT START
If you restore a game with friends and load the file the game does not allow you start. It keeps saying “countdown cancelled” so you have to play an entire game in one sitting to finish [/quote]
[quote] multiplayer start restored game keeps cancelling
the countdown with restored game keeps getting cancelled! anyone familiar? [/quote]
Yep, I really do hope that this issue is fixed at some point. It’s rather large issue for players that like to take there time with games. I cannot restore games with friends when using data mods, this wasn’t a problem in aoe 2. The countdown is ended when trying to start a game and it says that we all need the same mod version, even though we do all have it?
Hey there. Following up on this issue: we’ve been unable to reproduce it internally. If it can be reproduced on the Enhanced Logging Build, please store and pass along the logs and I’ll get them to the team!
@GMEvangelos which of the one are they unable to reproduce?
is it the multiplayer restore saved game with mods
saved games won’t start, cancelled on count down?
if its former, to reproduce it, here are the steps:
- have two player subscribe to an online mod that modifies file empires2_x2_p1.dat
- host an online game via lobby/server using the said mod
- game starts, 1 player saves the game, both quits
- same player restore game that was just saved with mod have other player join
- try starting it again will say player have different data file, which should not be happening.
We had this bug from the first day DE released. HD never had any problems, this is a shame. The devs do not care about us. I’m playing with Historical Units reskin (Omkar based), because I like historical looks for units. They only care about the multiplayer scene. Online players prefer having all the same look for units so it’s easier to differentiate. Sad
I’ve been playing single player with my brother since I’m 6 years old and I’m 25. We not playing online multiplayer, it’s not our thing. They don’t care about us, even though we’ve been here from the beginning, we’re not really the visible side of the community.
yea it does felt that way, but they do fix some things I think its just lack of staff, or microsoft simply doesn’t care as long as they can increase viewership for money. give them some time, even though this issue has been around for over 12 months… lets give them few more months.