Multiplayer - Simultaneous Crash - AOE 3 DE

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.4087.0

• PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
    [I was on MS Store version - my two friends were using Steam version] - we were about to start when the hotfix was pushed. We all closed games, ran the update to 4087 and then started a 3 v 5 game.

The program AoE3DE.exe version 100.12.4087.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Game Crashed after an hour of play, we were close~ to victory - impacted all three of us at the same time. white screen, stopped responding. Two of the guys were on low spec laptops, I was on desktop machine. Unsure what caused the crash.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.
I haven’t experienced it in Campaign yet. This was my first multiplayer game with pals who just purchased. We didn’t try a second game as we were a bit disappointed to lose all our progress mid battle.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Get three friends as Team 1, Cpu as Team 2 with 5 AI Enemies.
Play for an hour or so.
Crash game.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Game does not crash.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Game crashed for all at exact same moment.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: *

Don’t think this would have been saved, but open to correction.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eSU77o3gczzxv4qW5TgljvGpv9O3_iBo/view?usp=sharing DXDiag here as can not attach.

https://imgur.com/a/gLJ5PfI - screenshots of text in event viewer. (if more info needed, will happily share)

Thanks!

Hopefully can get resolved ,as game looks great.

happend to me aswel, but we did 4 players against 4 AI, everyone except 1 player crashed at the same exact moment.

1 Like