Multiple players for a single empire

I was wondering what if multiple people could be controlling a single empire? Like one person helps develop the economy, one person controls the military, etc.
Is there a way to somehow implement this concept?

3 Likes

I like your idea, but what happens, if a person would leave the game.
Will another person join the game then and take on the tasks of the leaved person?
Or will you disqualify all people controlling this single empire?

I think this is a nice concept, although I think it’s more suitable for private multiplayer matches or for 1v1 online multiplayer matches. So you should limit the amount of empires to a maximum of 4 because it can be very difficult to find enough and active players at the same time. Or what do you think?

1 Like

Good idea. I will suggest that there must be an option in multiplayer. That of a single nation there are different players acting as seperate governers of each home town. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Disqualifying all people isn’t right. Even if they don’t want to leave, they may Disconnect due to network issues. So someone else on his team may take his role though multiple roles is more pressure. And if another person wants to join and take on the role well, how will that work? He won’t know the ebb and flow of the battle and will mess up!

3 Likes

Of course there is a way. E.g. just look at the way a game like DOTA handles these things. Only one con. It would change the basic concept of randomized AOE RTS game play too much though, so I certainly would not add this to the normal game play. I do like your idea though and think the same way about expanding AOE RTS with new kinds of game play instead of just new content. And it would be nice to see such things in competitive mode too. Problem is they tried some of this already with AOE Online and it failed gracefully sadly. As all new releases of AOE had some major changes and additions compared to the previous version, I’m very excited to see what new stuff we will get with AOE IV.

1 Like

You can do that since AoE2, both players just have to pick the same color and, voila, coop.

1 Like

IamDalv,
that’s not what I am talking about. Same color but they are still different empires. For example you still have to pay tribute to transfer resources to the other guy. But multiple leaders in the same empire all working together, doing their parts, that’s what I am talking about.

2 Likes

You mean shared building/base control with shared queue or player separated queues and waypoints?
And all your teammates can also control your produced units and buildings.

1 Like