Music tracks fading in and out, causing headaches

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.11148.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Certain music tracks, namely Get Ye Sum, seem to have an issue where the music just randomly modulates in and out; it’s enough to give me a serious headache if I continue to play the game with music on. I checked the Spotify version of Get Ye Sum, and the sound modulation is not present.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

The issue occurs every game in which the track plays. Whenever the track comes on, I’m forced to step away from the computer, or turn the music off.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play the game with music on.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The music audio would not fade in and out.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

The music audio fades in and out; I get a serious headache whenever I play the game and the track comes on.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

The modulation issue can be heard clearly from 0:33 on.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDqA6l31PTM

(wasn’t sure how to embed, sorry!)

1 Like

True, it’s like a sort of “oscillation”. It can be easily solved by using Spotify version…

1 Like

After playing around with the game a bit more, it seems that the issue also occurs during other tracks, though I can’t be certain, as the effect is more subtle. It seems to be occurring as well during Of Licious, and Last Name Crane, Icabod, though it’s very difficult to pick up. It comes off as more of a disruption to the natural rhythm of the music; it seems to occur in those tracks at moments where the music swells, or ebbs. This makes me think it was an equalization issue.

I know it occurs during Happy To You as well, as I spent a long time listening to the song on repeat so I could play it myself on piano.

I really hope it’s something as simple as an equalization error, and not an issue with the tracks themselves.

1 Like

Ah yes this issue is really annoying. It is obviously an issue, but not fixed in test or release or any patch thus far so maybe it is somehow more complicated. But yes, certainly it detracts from the enjoyment of the game as it is incredibly noticeable.

1 Like

Any news on this? Haven’t played since, but hopeful! :slight_smile:

Hey @Sasebo8826, yes I believe this was addressed. I found the work item in our database to update the tracks with uncompressed versions which was marked as completed. I hope you can find time to boot up the game again, much has changed!

Cheers,
Bread

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll reinstall tonight! :smile:

4 Likes