My advice of the new civilizations

Sorry, my friend,I should know that you Paraguayan treat Brazilians just like we Chinese treat Japanese,sorry,I shouldn’t wrote it.But I think the Mircosoft may not make Paraguay as a new civ.We all want to Play Paraguay,may have to be are revolution civ,or we can make Spain revolution to Paraguay ?And I know Paraguayan are very brave and will fight to the last,Both the War of Triple Alliance and the War of Gran Chaco the Paraguayan are very barve.

1 Like

Nice suggestion,my friend.

We want more civilzations,hahahaha

Persian is very important,they fought with Turkish for a long time.

1 Like

I love the 19th century. It’s the springtime of nations, a period of revolutions where old empires began to die.

Also, one of the coolest RTSs i ever played, A•M•E•R•I•C•A, was set in the 19th century, and featured really cool campaigns, even had outlaws as a faction.

2 Likes

I wish we could have another aoe game set during the late 19th and 20th Century

4 Likes

One word, five letters and the constant reminder that subjectiveness and conjecture are not and should not be married (mandatory 20 characters)

M A L T A

2 Likes

The Danes and Prussians civs are the most suitable for the Baltic DLC. The Danes civ would be a naval focused civ - maybe they would have a unique Dock. The Prussians civ would be a civ focused on infantry and industry - plus they would have a unique Age Up (similar to the USA civ) that would represent the path the Prussians took to unify Germany.

Poles are more suited to Wild Fields DLC along with Tatars and Ukrainians (or Ruthenians) civs. Along with such a DLC, an update for the Russians civ could take place. Then Russians, Poles and Ukrainians civs would share a brand new Eastern European Architecture Set and Eastern European units - which would replace the default units like unique Ottomans units.

2 Likes

I’d swap Zulu for Rozvi Empire.

Whilst Zulu have had media attention and people picture mighty Zulu warriors charging British colonial forces with their pith helments, this was such a tiny sliver within the whole of the 1500s to mid-1800s timeline.

The Rozvi Empire on the other hand was from around 1684-1866 significantly more than the Zulus’ 1816-1897. Rozvi were preceded by the Mutapa Empire which lasted from 1430-1759 and succeeded by the Mthwakazi (Matabele) until 1894 - all of which are Shona States/people so all linked together. The Zulu have nothing that significant, plus the Shona people were using the bullhorn formation and shield/spear combo way before it was mainstream :wink:

6 Likes

“The other knights of the Baltics”
Featuring Danes and Prussians (with Teutonic Order elements).

2 Likes

Splitting the Germans would be a huge precedent. What would we do with the current German civ? Rename it to Austrians? But if we did that we would have to remove non-Austrian elements from that civ. We would basically remove one civ (RIP German players) and add two different civs in its place. Or perhaps even more, there are some parts of that civ that belong to Bavarians, Hanoverians, Saxons, etc.

I think it would be a mess.

The only civ I would consider splitting is the Indians (Mughals and Marathas), and that’s because India is huge and as diverse, if not more, than all the European continent.

Note that I don’t really 100% oppose adding the Prussians (Prussia is indeed one of my most played nations in Europa Universalis), but I would prefer to see other larger missing powers like Poland and Persia and maybe also something a bit different, like Siamese or Uzbeks for example.

1 Like

I’m not too versed here but, wasn’t Berlin the capital of Brandenburg? And Prussia and Brandenburg were a union since 1618? And the Teutonic knights were outed from Prussia after the Polish-Teutonic war?

After the Teutonic defeat, half of the Order state went to direct Polish control (Royal Prussia) and the other half became a secularized duchy and fiefdom of Poland (Ducal Prussia).
This Ducal Prussia later entered a personal union with Brandenburg

2 Likes

I think Mutapa civ is the best option for South Africa - add Congolese and Swahili civs to that. The Zulus, on the other hand, are perfect for being a Minor Civilization.

4 Likes

Also, weren’t Austria and Brandenburg-Prussia both duchies INSIDE the Holy Roman German Empire?

You only need to remove Prussian elements (which are all very superficial), and maybe add a couple Austrian elements. The rulers of Austria were leaders of the HRE so it’s fine if the civ has other minor German elements. Prussia could also take on some of the elements of minor German states since they’re the ones that ultimately united Germany.

2 Likes

Another day, another time I wonder why people are so hellbent on having two german civs in the game.

Anyways, I’m surprised there’s no more interest in a Polynesia Expansion, like Hawaii and Maori are the already a perfect pair for that setting that’s sorely missing in the game.

6 Likes

Brandenburg (but not Prussia, which was outside the HRE) was a margraviate (a different thing, but still a prince of the HRE). And yes, Austria was a duchy inside the HRE.

So the idea is that both civs would have elements from the minor German states (like the current German civs does)?

Teutonic Knight would be great as an early melee unit for Prussians civ, as would Rodelero. A suitable Home City card or Church tech would change this unit to something more modern - Landwehr, for example.

It is very easy. You rename Germans civ to Austrians civ. You add a new Home City (Vienna) and a new ruler (Maria Theresa Habsburg or Franz Joseph Habsburg) for this civ. The rest of the changes would be based on changes to the names of the Home City cards and the civ description in the encyclopedia. As you can see, the changes would be very minor and would not have any impact on gameplay.

It is true that Indian civ is too big and bad umbrella. But notice a certain relationship:
Renaming Germans civ to Austrians civ - everything is fine
Renaming Indian civ to Mughals civ - mostly all is fine (assuming this civ is based on Mughals and British Raj)
Both Germans civ and Indians civ cannot be made other civ than those mentioned above. Indian civs do not represent South India well, and Germans civs do not represent North Germany well (those that united into the German Empire under the leadership of Prussia)

Poles civ could appear in the Eastern European DLC; Persians civ in the Middle East DLC; Siamese civ in South Asian DLC (or Southeast Asian DLC) and Uzbeks civ (or Tatars civ) in Central Asian DLC (or Tatars can be in Eastern European DLC with Poles civ and Ukrainians / Ruthenians civ).

Prussians civ and Danes civ are the best pairing for the Baltic DLC.

Yes, Berlin was and is the capital of Brandenburg. In 1701, Berlin became the capital of the newly created Kingdom of Prussia (i.e. after the merger of the Electorate of Brandenburg with the Duchy of Prussia).

Brandenburg was in personal union with Prussia from 1618 to 1701. In 1701 they merged into one state - the Kingdom of Prussia.

Prussia was created after the secularization of the state of the Teutonic Order in 1525 - that is, in the time frame of AoE 3.

Austria led the Holy Roman Empire for virtually most of the AoE 3 timeframe.

Brandenburg was an elector of the Holy Roman Empire.

Prussia was not part of the Holy Roman Empire.

Even at the time of Prussia’s unification with Brandenburg, Prussia was not part of the Holy Roman Empire but Brandenburg was.

The Austrians civ could have representation of other German nations thanks to the Home City “Prince-Electors” card. This card fits perfectly with the Austrians who led the Holy Roman Empire and at the same time HRE was not a united state. Therefore, the Austrians civ would ally themselves with other German nations.

The Prussians were civ in a completely different situation. They really unified Germany. Therefore, they would gain full access to units from other German States thanks to the unique Age Up. Age Up for Prussian civ would resemble the one known from USA civ (Federal States). The Prussians civ player would choose one of the German States during Age Up - some of them would provide access to units, e.g. Saxony (House of Wettin units), Bavaria (House of Wittelsbach units) and Hannover (House of Hanover units).

In addition, there could be some reorganization of the units in the Royal Houses that I mentioned earlier - thus, units from the House of Habsburg would be added to the Austiacy civ in a way (in their place, completely new units representing the smaller nations of the Habsburg Empire would be added), and the Prussians civ would get Totenkopf Hussars from the House of Hanover as a default unit (House of Hanover requires brand new units because a Drummer should be in every Royal House).

2 Likes

Exactly this.

Austria could represent the south Germans and central Europeans (Austrians, Bavarians, Czechs, Hungarians, Croatians, etc). Less of a “German” civ, and more of a multinational one (the Austrian Empire was only ~20% German). The current Germans are already kind of like this with their War Wagons and Uhlans so it wouldn’t really require significant changes.

Prussia could represent the northern states that eventually unified into Germany. Personally, I’d love to see them use the federal state model like the Americans and age up by adding states like Brandenburg, Silesia, etc. By age 5 they’d essentially be Germany.

2 Likes