Zeus - God of the Sky, Lightning, and Order
Poseidon - God of the Sea, Storms, Earthquakes, and Horses
Hades - God of the Dead and Riches
- Carcinos - already in-game.
- Cetus - the massive sea monster that attacked Perseus and Andromeda. A monster with the head of a boar or a greyhound and the body of a whale or dolphin, and a divided, fan-like tail. Cetus was said to be a colossal beast the size of a ship, its skull alone measuring 40 feet (12.2 meters) in length, its spines being a cubit in thickness, and its skeleton taller at the shoulder than an elephant.
- Centaurs - already in-game.
- Cerberus - Tartarus’s massive guardian dog with hellish features including three heads. They should be on all fours and not bi-pedal.
- Chimera - already in-game.
- Cyclops - already in-game.
- Eidolon - already in-game. Renamed the Shade to Eidolon. Sounds cooler too.
- Gegenees - a race of six-armed giants who inhabited the same island as the Doliones. Jason and the Argonauts landed on an island where the Gegenees resided. The Argonauts fought them and unknowingly left Heracles on the island where he continued to fight them. The Argonauts returned and were able to help Heracles fight them off.
- Gorgon - Medusa but renamed these units to Gorgons because it is more fitting.
- Harpies - creature with torso, head and arms of a woman, and talons, tail and wings (mixed with the arms) of a bird. Very small but can be vicious when provoked.
- Hippocampus - already in-game. The hippocampus has typically been depicted as having the upper body of a horse with the lower body of a fish.
- Hydra - already in-game.
- Minotaurs - already in-game.
- Nemean Lion - already in-game.
- Pegasus - already in-game.
- Sirens - dangerous creatures who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and singing voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island. It is also said that they can even charm the winds.
- Scylla - already in-game. These should be remodeled. Almost looks like a carbon copy of the hydra and vice versa. Correct depiction of these units should be: a frightful monster with four eyes and six long snaky necks equipped with grisly heads, each of which contained three rows of sharp shark’s teeth. Her body consisted of 12 tentacle-like legs and a cat’s tail, while six dog’s heads ringed her waist. In this form, she attacked the ships of passing sailors, seizing one of the crew with each of her heads.
- Talos - renamed Colossus to Talos because it is more fitting. Think of Colossus of Rhodes.
Typhon - father of all Greek monsters. Strength was with his hands in all that he did and the feet of the strong god were untiring. From his shoulders grew a hundred heads of a snake, a fearful dragon, with dark, flickering tongues, and from under the brows of his eyes in his marvelous heads flashed fire, and fire burned from his heads as he glared. And there were voices in all his dreadful heads which uttered every kind of sound unspeakable; for at one time they made sounds such that the gods understood, but at another, the noise of a bull bellowing aloud in proud ungovernable fury; and at another, the sound of a lion, relentless of heart; and at another, sounds like whelps, wonderful to hear; and again, at another, he would hiss, so that the high mountains re-echoed.
Ra - God of the Sun and Light
Isis - Goddess of Fertility and Healing
Set - God of War, Chaos, and Storms
- Abtu - these massive mythical flying sacred fish accompany the barque of Ra across the sky at sunrise.
- Akhekh - mighty creatures that are associated with darkness, water, and terror. It is described to have the head of a bird crowned with three uraei (cobras on Pharaoh headdresses), two wings on its back and the body of an antelope.
- Ammit - forequarters of a lion, the hindquarters of a hippopotamus, and the head of a crocodile—the three largest “man-eating” animals known to ancient Egyptians. A funerary monster, her titles included “Devourer of the Dead”, “Eater of Hearts”, and “Great of Death”.
- Anubite - already in-game. Can make these units as priests of Anubite so that it isn’t a minor god.
- Avengers - already in-game. Can make these units as priests of Horus so that it isn’t a minor god.
- Ba-bird - usually depicted as a bird with a human head. Ba is the soul of the person. As it dies, it transforms into the Ba-bird and ascends to the sky.
- Griffin - we all know what this is.
- Hieracosphinx - already in-game. They should be a separate unit from the Sphinx. It has a head of a falcon and a body of a lion.
- Iaret - dangerous cobras who are the symbols of Wadjet, a goddess. They will replace the Wadjet units since Wadjet is a goddess.
- Medjed - These gigantic mythical elephant fish will replace the Leviathan for obvious reasons.
- Mummy - towering vindictive mummies hellbent on killing their enemies.
- Serpopard - harbingers of chaos and brutality. It has a leopard body and head adorned with Egyptian headdress. It’s neck is serpentine-like. These will replace Scorpion Man (these are Mesopotamian units).
- Scarab - already in-game. Make these creatures look more like mythical scarabs and not some generic oversized stag beetles.
- Sha - the sacred creatures of Set. Sha is usually depicted as a black or reddish slender canid, resembling a greyhound or a jackal, with three distinguishing features: a stiff tail, often forked at the end, which stands straight up or at an angle, whether the animal is sitting, standing, or walking; its ears, also held erect, are usually depicted as squarish or triangular, narrowest at the base and widest at the squarish tops; and a long nose, often with a slight downward curve.
- Sphinx - already in-game.
- War Turtle - already in-game. Mythical turtles that are massive and sometimes are mistaken as islands.
Apep - an ancient and enormous serpent who embodied chaos and darkness. It is in constant battle with Ra.
Odin - God of Poetry, the Dead, Runes, and Magic
Thor - God of Thunder, Strength, and Trees
Loki - God of Mischief
- Alfar - elves basically.
- Bergrisi - already in-game. Renamed Mountain Giant to Bergrisi.
- Brandr - already in-game. Fire giants renamed to Brandr.
- Draugr - undead revenant. They usually possessed superhuman strength, and was “generally hideous to look at”, bearing a necrotic black color and bloated to the size of a bull, and was associated with a “reek of decay” or more precisely inhabited haunts that often issued foul stench. They have magical powers and can escape by sinking into the ground.
- Einherjar - already in-game. Warriors who have died and ascended to Valhalla.
- Fenrir - already in-game. Should make this impressive unit bigger and more mythical visually than the Fenris wolf brood.
- Gullinbursti - already in-game. Battle boar renamed to Gullinbursti.
- Hrímþurs - already in-game. Renamed Frost Giant to Hrímþurs.
- Huginn and Muninn - already in-game. Odin’s ravens.
- Jormungandr - already in-game. Should make this unit bigger and more mythical visually and call it Jormungand instead.
- Lindworm - the creature generally appearing as wingless with a serpentine body, dragon’s head, scaled skin and two clawed forelimbs. Depictions imply lindworms do not walk on their two limbs like a wyvern, but move like a mole lizard: they slither like a snake and use their arms for traction.
- Lyngbakr - a horrifying and massive whale-like monster with rock-like carapace. It is the size of a small island and is covered in heath. Lyngbakr would bait seafarers by posing as a heather-covered island, and when a crew landed on its back, it sank into the sea, drowning the crew.
- Kraken - already in-game. Impossibly huge sea monster that looks like a humanoid squid/octopus.
- Nidhogg - already in-game. The ancient dragon that eats the roots of Yggdrasil.
- Saehrimnir - The cook of the gods. It is an impossibly big boar-like creature. It is killed and revived every night in order to to feed the gods and Einherjar. This stationary unit can be summoned in a huge cauldron called the Eldhrimnir near allies and give them stats boost.
- Sleipnir - grey colored horse with 8 legs. Units that ride horses can be upgraded with Sleipnir. The units become stronger, faster, and deadlier after being upgraded with Sleipnir as their mounts.
- Trolls - already in-game.
- Valkyrie - already in-game.
- Vordr - Walking woods god power renamed to Vordr. They are warden spirits, believed to follow from birth to death the soul (hugr) of every person.
Surtr - An enormous humanoid being of destructive fire. Anything and anywhere before him will be scattered in burning flames. It carries a powerful and blinding sword brighter than the sun itself.
Yu Huang (The Jade Emperor) - God of the Sky and Land
Mazu - Goddess of the Sea
Yanluo Wang - God of Death and Hell
- Baihu - this mythical tiger beast symbolizes power and army.
- Baize - A formidable and mythical white cow-like beast who can overcome attacks and hauntings from 11,520 types of supernatural creatures in the world. This type of creature should be a mythical tanky unit with high HP and armor in-game.
- Bingmayong (Terracotta Warrior) - self explanatory.
- Longgui (Dragon Turtle) - legendary Chinese creature that combines two of the four celestial animals of Chinese mythology: the body of a turtle with a dragon’s head is promoted as a positive ornament in Feng Shui, symbolizing courage, determination, fertility, longevity, power, success, and support.
- Niutou Yu Mamian (Ox-Head and Horse-face) - hell’s guardians. These come in pairs or the developers can mix them into 1 with an ox-head and a horse-face instead.
- Qilin - legendary hooved chimerical creature that appears in Chinese mythology, and is said to appear with the imminent arrival or passing of a sage or illustrious ruler. (Noted this creature should be a mythic aged creature).
- Qinglong (Azure Dragon) - the powerful Azure Dragon represents the east and the spring season.
- Hundun - yellow colored six winged chaotic creatures with six legs and no face
- Jiangshi - zombies that hop instead of walk.
- Nian - a terrifying monster from under the sea and the mountain who wreaks havoc. It is afraid of the color red and firecracker sounds.
- Pixiu - powerful protectors of feng shui practitioners, and resemble strong, winged lions. Pixiu are auspicious, winged animals, written about in ancient Chinese history and heralded through the millennia by fantastic stories of powerful and grandiose feats of victory in battle. Their legend has been passed down through 2,000 years of Chinese lore. They have the head of a Chinese dragon, the body of a lion, and historically sport on their heads either one antler (male) or two antlers (female).
- Qiongqi - monstrous creatures that eat people. It looks chimeric in nature with bull horns and torso with hedgehog fur, and a tiger face with razor sharp teeth and claws.
- Taotie - nightmarish looking creatures who are extremely gluttonous. They have a sheep’s body and a human face latched on. In addition, they have eyes under their armpits. Look up 狍鴞 to get an idea what they look like.
- Taowu - extremely reckless creatures with bodies of a tiger, human faced, boar-like tusks and mouth, dog hair, and an extremely long tail.
- Xiezhi - goat/sheep-like monster with a single horn perched on top of its head. The horn hungers for the guilty and spares the innocent.
- Zhuque (Vermillion Bird) - red bird that resembles a pheasant with a five-colored plumage and is perpetually covered in flames.
Sun Wukong (The Monkey King) - Sun Wukong possesses many abilities. He has amazing strength and quickness. Sun Wukong also acquires the 72 Earthly Transformations, which allow him to access 72 unique powers, including the ability to transform into sundry animals and objects. He is a skilled fighter, capable of defeating the best warriors of heaven. His hair has magical properties, capable of making copies of himself or transforming into various weapons, animals and other things.
Thoughts and opinions?