My published mods have dissapeared from the game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Latest
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: .
Cannot update the mods I have published from the mods section in-game because they are not appearing

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go on an account that has released mods (in my case campaigns)
  2. Go to mods section
  3. Observe that there are no published mods that should be there

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

there are no published mods that should be there

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.</su

p>

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

I met same problem. Two account, both of them show me 0 published mod.

1 Like

Same issue. Since the most recent update, none of my my published mods are listed in game, so I have to update them on the website. Only unpublished mods are listed ingame now.

1 Like

If you browse mods, do you still see them available in the main mod listing? I think a change was made in the game client in the last update that may have changed it so that publishing mods now uses your Steam account (when using the Steam version of the game) instead of your Microsoft/Xbox account.

If that’s the case and you still need to update your existing ones, you should be able to log on to the web site with your XBL account and update it there.

2 Likes

Yes. At least in my case they are still listed if I browse for mods and I am able to update them on the website.

2 Likes

is there a way i can move my mods onto my steam account without having to republish?

Not currently, but I can do it. I’ll message you…

I just uploaded a mod to test things and it looks like any future mods uploaded through the game cannot be managed on the site ( MyMods - Age of Empires ) using your Microsoft account. Logging out and then using a Steam account does work, but having to log into the site with two different accounts is not an ideal solution.
Some sort of automated migration might be necessary since a large number of people will be affected. (assuming that this is intended to be a permanent change to how publishing mods works)

Furthermore, there is no option ingame to continue using your Microsoft account to publish mods if you are on Steam. And this is the case despite the fact that signing in with a Microsoft account is still required to publish anything ingame.

Edit: I’m not even convinced that having one’s mods moved to another account is desirable, because a linked Steam account doesn’t seem to be able to use the forums.

2 Likes

i think the mods aren’t properly synced in aoe2 atm, look at aoe3 DE, here’s what happened with me, i replaced my setup with new one, my mods in aoe3 are still properly accessible ingame as they were prior aka i can still update what i published, but in aoe2 it doesn’t see those for some reason, and when i published those mods again it listed them under steam account, make it work like in 3 if possible somehow
and yes my situation is identical to what @Zetnus is describing right above, but i’ve seen aoe3 side work properly so idk what’s happening

Same here, says none are displayed as published.

1 Like

Bumping this because it is still an issue. Essentially, publishing a mod ingame is now useless if you want to keep all of your mods in one place and under one account.

4 Likes