Hi guys, just wanted to show what I felt would have been a more unique and accurate look for the chinese civ. Instead of the generic asian look it currently has Photos are made roughly so they aren’t perfect.
- Important buildings were replaced with golden roof tops referenced from Meiji architecture
- House roof replaced with black colour which was more accurate for that time
- Some extra red added to some buildings like Town Center
- Walls darkened as per referenced below
- Gold roofs on a couple of buildings was replaced with better gold roofs
- Gold accents added to gatehouse and towers for aesthetic appeal, not really historically accurate
I feel like these changes really pop and would stand out from the background. I felt the generic look was a bit washed out. I’d probably recommend to the devs to make the red colour pop out a bit more as it also seems quite washed out. But these new colours give chinese more of their culture, a bit more referenced from history, and is unique from other asian civilisations when they come in the future.