Need Help with Freezing Issues

Hello,

I’m reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some much-needed assistance. I’ve been experiencing frustrating freezing issues during multiplayer games in AoE 2 DE, and I’m at a loss for how to resolve them.

System Specs:

• GPU: NVIDIA 4070
  • RAM: 32GB
  • CPU: Intel i5-13400F

Despite running the game on a decent computer, I encounter consistent freezes in multiplayer matches. To give you a better idea of what I’m facing, please check the video Imgur: The magic of the Internet.

I’ve conducted a thorough check of my network connectivity, especially since AoE 2 DE uses Azure’s servers. My ping test results to these servers show an average latency of just 20ms with 0% packet loss. I’ve attached screenshots of these test results for reference.

Additionally, I’ve run the in-game multiplayer benchmark and achieved a score of 1270. This score suggests that my system should be more than capable of handling 4v4 games at maximum settings and population without any issues.

However, the reality is quite different, and these freezes are hindering with the pleasure of gaming after a day at work. I’ve tried the usual troubleshooting steps, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else faced similar issues or have any insights on what might be causing these freezes? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Note: This happens only in MP games, both ranked and normal.

a mi me pasa igual, tengo un pc similar desde hace menos de una semana y en MP a los 30 segundos ya esta pillado y no se puede jugar. No creo q sea el WIFI ya que jugaba sin problema en un portatil de mas baja calidad con el mismo wifi.