:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Negative Rating for winner on a multiplayer Ranked game

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Win a Ranked Random map game
  2. See negative rating for winner

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

6 Likes

I’ve heard somewhere else that the rating system is somewhat flawed in the new patch in the sense that it shows the rating change not only from the last game but from several games. So it might be the case that you have lost two and won one which results in a -18 total rating. Some other guy had +74 shown because he had one several games in a row. Doesn’t actually mean he got +74 just for that single game.

I have the same issue. Even if it does show the total from that session of games, I don’t want to see that many +/- points, I just want to see the points from that 1 game. If you really want to show the total +/- from the session of games, that should be in a different window you have to access manually, or at least somewhere else on the screen.

1 Like

I also saw some streams where this occured, seems like a serious issue

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **Build: Current (July Patch, 2020)
  • **Platform: Steam
  • **Operating System: Windows 10
  • **Gamertag: MasterGG

:question: When winning a ranked game, it appears to me that he has deducted points instead of giving me.

:question: *

3 Likes

I had the same issue, scroll down you will see there are more others posting on here with the same problem. This needs sorting ASAP

• Build: Current (July Patch 2020)
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Lord Patito

I’ve got 0 points after winning a match againts an opponent who was almost the same rate than me (i’m currentli 1200 and he was arroud 1150)

I don’t know really

1 Like

• Build: ######
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag:

enemy resigned and i lost 43 points

1 Like

• **Build: latest ######
  • **Platform: Steam Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Nicknameniko

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Win a game.
  2. Return to map.
  3. Quit and lose ELO.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

I don’t know why this is happening, but I lost 200 elo due to connection problems, and now that I finally fix them, this happens.

Hey, so, I just won my first ranked game and lost ELO (real noob here, first win after like 5 ranked games :sweat_smile: ) so maybe there is something I don’t know about this stuff… Could someone tell me if it is a bug or if there is something about the elo system I didn’t get? BTW, I don’t know if its important, but I just won it (like 3 minutes ago), I’m from Chile, my id is gapardowen and my bank account number and codes are… naah just kidding :wink:
Not kidding about the bug though!
I would be grateful for any piece of info (please help the noob kid!)

1 Like

Hey, so, I just won my first ranked game and lost ELO (real noob here, first win after like 5 ranked games :sweat_smile: ) so maybe there is something I don’t know about this stuff… Could someone tell me if it is a bug or if there is something about the elo system I didn’t get? BTW, I don’t know if its important, but I just won it (like 3 minutes ago), I’m from Chile, my id is gapardowen and my bank account number and codes are… naah just kidding :wink:
Not kidding about the bug though!
I would be grateful for any piece of info (please help the noob kid!)

Same problem here, this needs fixing ASAP. If they want to add the “ELO CHANGE FOR THE DAY” that should be a different variable shown in a different part of the score screen.

Ridiculous change srsly.

Pretty straightforward. Happened twice last night. 2 wins rewarded with negative points. Notably, had one loss with no effect on Elo at all.

I also experienced this bug. My elo: 1196 opponent elo: 1115. Games result; opponent resigns, elo -33.
(Possible) Reproduce: play ranked, lose some games consecutively then win a game vs lower ranked opponent.

Game version: 101.101.39284.0 5297380

AOE2DE_Bug_report|690x388

So I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not, but I just won a rated 1v1 and my rating went down 1 point. It’s not the biggest deal in the world to me, but I’m curious if it’s something that has happened to anyone else? I was about 46 rating higher than my opponent, but I don’t see why I should lose rating for that. Should I report this as a bug, or just move on?

There is a bug in the current patch.

I am having the same issue. Also, it seems like I am being matched up against opponents that I have NO chance of winning against whatsoever lately, so I think the ELO system is quite messed up right now. It wasn’t like that before.

As topic says, sometimes I’m winning games and then loosing elo. What is going on here? It’s happened on 1v1 RM and DM this screenshot is from DM. No DC, they say gg and resign.

1 Like

the game due to a bug shows all point gains and lost since the start of your session.

so if in game 1 you won and gained 7 points.
game 2 you lost, and lost 12 points.
game 3 you lost, and lost 12 points.
game 4 you won, and gained 7 points, your total would read as -10

1 Like