Nerf Booming and Walls please

donjons are too expensive and impractical in feudal age. The building itself is expensive, barely stronger than a tower, but at a massive penalty of having 2x2 base (meaning it’s hard to quickwall it in, easy for enemy villagers to surround) and just generally hard to cover a large area with them just due to the increased cost. Plus Serjeants aren’t that great in Feudal Age, they’re a Man-At-Arms, but at a premium cost.

I have no idea about what contradiction you are talking about…

if you keep nerfing stuff those walls are going to get alot worse. i didnt mean to offend, just that when i see nerf, in my mind im seeing paladins with pool noodles, and with the walls added in there didn’t quite add up to the same outcome I think you were suggesting lol

Nerf booming: sure.

Nerf walls: No.

Why do you keep playing with those noobs, then? Could it be that you’re the same elo as them?

I would appreciate faster built towers - more utility for anti-castle drops

So nothing has happened, palisades still cost only 2w and low building time that costs only ~a quarter of what an army costs, while rendering it useless.

GG nice game balance, noobs ruined this game, 0 skill required, just wall up, hit castle spam knights and win.

Just skip Feudal

O.o honestly the ability to wall is fine, current costs are fine, build time is fine - if you wanted to change anything it would be on a map basis per generation and that’s hardly a good thing to balance around.

But where is your skill, if you can’t adapt? You want everybody to play like you, with only your strat? If you are better, as you claim, than the “noobs”, then defeat them whatever they do. If you lose, you are either the weaker player, or used the least optimal strategy.

2 Likes

The point is there aren’t many viable strategies to use before Castle age. Even if you have a civ that gives you a good feudal age play or your opponent’s civ is better in castle age, you can’t opt for feudal aggression because of easy walls. This limits the game to a few civs.

just play empire wars, it is much more fun and nerfs walling by itself

Even on many EW maps the meta seems to be FC. You can wall before enemy can pressure you…
So even on a game mode that promotes aggression, FC seem the way to go because these walls are soo strong. That shows the current issue with walls.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it depend on the map? It sounds doable on the map that is already partially pre-walled, but not so much on stuff like meadow…

1 Like

There is a reason why i said many, not all :wink:

There are still a lot of maps in which you just full wall your base at the start and just go castle. I even played sometimes without any military at all in feudal age. On many maps that is possible.

isnt the hinderence that you could go feudal aggression but have to calculate in how much it could put you behind if failed and then just adjust accordingly?

edit: also yes i know this sounds easier then actually done but i think i said before “like certain windows of aggression are possible if done correctly”

For EW pool, you will die immediately if you FC in Greenland/Meadow/Marketplace/Northern Isles/Mountain range, that is like half of the pool already imo.