Nest of bees underwhelming

I dont split my siege to different groups. I got 1 for ranged dmg, 2 for melee and 3 for siege. After that its all buildings / other things

If I need to target something with specific amount of siege I quickly pick them up manually. Sure there are situations where I use 3 bombards to kill one springald but not big deal.

Sure its easier to play with mangonel but there is difference between lazy mangonel user and good mangonel user or nob or what ever unit is in question. If they overshoot at one spot they waste dmg. It separates good from bad.

NoB are no good. Time to time they manage to get full shots and can deal lots of dmg but most of time they just missfire and deal less dmg than mangonels. Plus animation is way slower so its easier to dodge.

I actually play more with infantry, cavalry / ranged than with siege. Elo im rn in 2v2 is constant rushes. So its basically feudal defense and then at castle game ends. Hardly ever there is more than 2-3 mangonels at same time.

I avoid using NoB solely because how bugged theyā€™re and I cant be arsed to micro manage every shot to ground in hopes of getting good connection. Too much effort so I just skipp and let ally do mangonels instead.

So, in your opinion spamming mangonels or nest of bee is good for the game and the actual meta is funny? I guess that it is subjective after all

Everything is subjective. You might not like it someone might like it. I donā€™t really have hatred or love towards mangonels or NoB. If see them in game I think way I can deal with them most efficiently to win. Which usually is springalds if I can get them if not then something else like cavalry.

I spammed mangonels like mad earlier today, felt like a champ crushing with my elephants guarded by them, but then my opponent popped out of the FoW with six springalds and a bunch of Cav. To say the least, he slew my over-confident mangonel abuser heart. :cry: It reminded me that I still have to play well to win.

Yeah sure, actually im not enjoying to see 20+ (at minimum) siege weapons used to shread an army considering that it should be an historical rts on the middle ages. When friends will be tired of playing this game ill stop to play 3v3 and 4v4 if nothing will change. Iā€™ll continue on 1v1, far better to deal with that

1 Like

just rush to Bombards. NOB is ok as a trash unit . The real power is bombards

LOL.

ā€œhistorical RTS on the middle agesā€

You do understand that middle ages were from 5th to 15th century? Gunpowder was invented in 9th century in China during Tang Dynasty.

So what is your issue? Gun powder and cannons WERE part of medieval times. Siege been part of warfare even longer.

Ok so youā€™re missing the point of TGā€™s COMPLETELY.

Team Games are not about your individual unit composition thats for 1v1 where player needs to consider unit composition. In team games its matter of considering what team has and what it needs often resulting 1 player massing 1 type of unit etc. As far as I have experienced TGs in RTS games its always been like this and always will be.

Dear BdelloidBore5
I understand very well what middle ages are considering that im graduated in history, if you found during that times a Relevant war in which siege weapons were used with success as anti human aoe weapons on battlefield for several battle before the introduction of the field cannons with on the open field in 16th century then i can give you some points. Cannons were part of the Late Middle Ages but only as psychological siege weapons to reduce the defenders to surrender and rarely fired more than 5-6 times a day, without considering that there was a risk that they would blow up. I donā€™t know why you keep talking about china and frankly I donā€™t care, this game is not called age of china and there are 7 other civilizations and 4 of them are european or close to europe (5 if we consider also the abbasid that were quite close to the european in warfare or even in peace, especially with eastern roman empire). If you really are interested in what was the warfare and the introduction on the gun powder then you can go back to study some quite easy texts for newbies (in the university context). I suggest you to start from the excellent work of Geoffrey Parker ā€œThe Military Revolutionā€, it is a relatively short text that deals with the evolution of military art with the arrival of gunpowder. If I remember correctly there is also an entire chapter on fortification and sieges techniques where it shows the evolution of the fortifications from medieval to Renaissance ones. You may find the information on that text quite enlightening about what a cannon really was or warfare in the Renaissance and the differencies with Middle Ages.