When should I start cutting wood? I spend my first 4 mins on food and gold trying to age up.
I’ve found that the best build to start as english, and getting into feudal with a strong economy is the following:
- 2 to house, then to build lumber camp, then wood, the rest to sheeps.
- 1 to build mill, then farm (place your farms way they fit 10, at least for the first mill, you will save 50 wood from another mill)
- all villagers to sheeps until you have enough wood to build mining camp, then send 2 from food to build mining camp.
- at this point, continously put a villager to farm in the mill when enough wood
- optional: save 50 wood then research wheelbarrow, it will delay a bit your age up but you will reach feudal with a better eco and in long term I think is better.
At this point you need to have 2 in wood, 4 in gold and around 8-10 in food, mainly in farms.
While aging up, send all next villagers to wood, if you plan to make longows I usually put 8 on food and 12 on wood, with those numbers you can spam them. But don’t forget you have built your mill to get 10 farms