New Age of empires 2 Ghana civ for DLC idea

This is an idea for a new civ that could be added in a DLC.

Note: this is my first time using Aoe2 forums.

1 Like

Would the camel hussar also have wings? Because we have way too many winged hussars already.

2 Likes

There were no castles in ancient times.

Yeah it would have wings like a standard hussar to make it stand out. But it could look more like light cav, I’m not really sure. It would definitely have the rider of a hussar or light cav.

Egypt says you’re wrong.

2 Likes

Is the UU historically based at all? Also, giving siege units extra PA is almost useless. It only affects scorps, mangonels, and BBCs. I don’t know what they would have for siege options, but trebs and rams already have really high pierce armor. If mangonels get a PA buff, then they are even more lethal to archers.

1 Like

I couldn’t find much about Ghana and camel hussars is a good idea and extra piece armour will help against archers when using bombard, scorpions and mangonels.

Camel caravan would be a faster trade cart because apparently Ghana had good trade

I just noticed you suggested “Camel Caravans” as a replacement for trade carts. Is there even any point to that, given trade carts now have more regional skins?

2 Likes

Faster trade and harder to raid. I don’t really think a skin would be needed maybe just faster trade carts bonus

Could have more hp on trade carts as well

1 Like

This is a camel unit or a horse unit? if a camel it can be simply named to camel lancer.Hussar is a european term anyway.

Why not make the caravan the UU? we dont have any civilian units as a UU yet.

3 Likes

What would a camel caravan UU be like?

A unit that is stronger and better than a generic one obviously.
Maybe something like a trade unit that can fight as well similar to villagers where you can use them for defense and offense but not good as a military unit.

Perhaps a train of 4 cammels , some have baskets for trade and 1 can fire arrows to protect the caravan/trade route as they treverse accross the map. High piercee armour and average attack.

Ok that’s sounds useful

1 Like

Would it be made from a market as a extra upgrade like the imperial camel and imperial skirm upgrade?

1 Like

So would it a second unique unit or castle unique unit

We need a Bactrian camel with stuff on its back not a camel pulling a cart though.

Are they not an asian breed of camels?

1 Like