New animals?

As the Ottomans and the Malians are going to be added, I’m hoping for some new animals whether it’d be a wild, huntable, or herdable one. Now I already know that the cattle will be introduced because I’ve seen it when Malians are being played as due to them having a cattle ranch. Now, an example of a new wild animal I’m hoping to see is the Lion because the Lion is in Africa and was historically in the Anatolia. An example of a new huntable animal is the Gazelle because that animal is located in both, Africa and the Middle East (including the Anatolia). An example of a new herdable animal is the goat because that’s also spread throughout Africa and the Middle East.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, in the current PUP, the Sahara Desert biome (the sole African biome) has deer, wolves, and boar like all the other maps. Which is a disappointment for me, since I would like to see distinctly African fauna as well.

Gazelle, lions, and elephants would be my pick for African huntables as a nice callback to the first Age game.

5 Likes

Lions also exist in Asia to this day. There were even lions native to Europe (went extinct during Romans’ time).

Agree. Also, I think these berry bushes seem kinda out of place in the middle of the Sahara Desert. Maybe reskin them a bit.

6 Likes

Some will say changing berry bushes, or swapping wolves for lions would “confuse” them and hurt “readability”. I once complained about the total lack of birds and those were the responses I got, go figure.

2 Likes

thats just an stupid thought , changing textures its not a problem , those who complain about readibility let me remind them that the 2 abbasid cammels are basically the same at first glance .

SO changing them should be a problem at all.

i also want little birds hanging around the map like in other game of empires…

3 Likes

We’ve got to see new animals introduced. Lion and Gazelle are very good ideas to add.

1 Like