New ashigaru musketeer 3d model isn't accurate

Bayonet of new ashigaru musketeer 3d mode looks like an OKC-3S bayonet or US modern bayonets (1940 and newer), those bayonets never was used by a japanese infantry soldier, and much less by a japanese soldier of XIX century. Ashigaru musketeer is a line infantry soldier not and modern assault solider. Ashigaru musketeer should have a sword-type bayonet or a spike bayonet.

15 Likes

True, the bayonet is highly anachronistic.

4 Likes

Yeah, that seem a bit odd and anachronistic…

3 Likes

You should point this out on Twitter. I am sure they will respond.

3 Likes

There weren’t even bayonets in Sengoku Japan, and when bayonets were introduced the concept of ashigaru as an infantry unit no longer existed.
But I’m okay with the design if I think of them as also representing standard Japanese infantry after the Meiji Restoration.

They could still give it a more era-sensitive bayonet, instead of the weird post-WW2 one they seem to be getting with DE.

Ashigaru have Bayonets because they reuse the Musketeer animations a lot, and Muskets do have a bayonet Melee attack in AoE3.

2 Likes

Well, it’s not like that it completely ruin the game, but it is awkward…

Still, I don’t think that I’ll zoom in that many times that I’ll be bothered to see an anachronistic bayonet…

1 Like

I am quite bothered, to be honest, and wish they fix it before release.

It just looks silly. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It does, but then again it’s not a reason to not buying the game.

However I think that now that we make then notice it they will fix it sooner or later.

2 Likes

Still not as bad as the swiss halberds they gave to the Chinese halberdiers in AoM 11

2 Likes

lol but that expansion looked like it was made in someone’s basement anyway :smiley:

to be fair there’s worse/more inaccurate things in the game than some jagged bayonet you will hardly even notice when actually playing…

or did we forget the english longbowmen and gatling guns in the same game? aoe3 isnt as bad as 2, but sure as heck has tons of inaccuracies, its always funny when “internet historians” get upset about the inaccuracies they happen to notice while conveniantly forgetting the others…

1 Like

and on top of that they had serrated bayonets as early as 1880.(probably earlier even) so not only are you being irrational complaining about a serrated bayonet(when there are worse inaccuracies), you are naive enough to think it has to be something from 1940 onwards, and unsurprisingly it has to be murican… since no other country exists…

1 Like

I agree a sword bayonet would make a lot more sense and would look better visually.

1 Like

I would settle for a simple spike bayonet, but the sword option does sound cool.

1 Like