New Civ concept: the Venetians

Oh no I agree on that, the point is, it doen’t really help you in training more units thought, since their main units are asrchers (wood and gold) and stradiots (gold). But it can be seen as an eco bonus to help you boom by making more vills (very indirectly, becaus you wouldn’t need all those techs in every game) which is fine in my opinion, since they don’t have any eco bonus.

This is in general the concept of the civ, the starting gold allow you to get more vills on food/wood by delaying the mining camp, and later on they can go heavy on gold to get more food for booming, but thus way you burning minutes out of your late game, so if you don’t close the game, you lose…

However, I suppose that the concep of agold only unit may be applied to an infantry UU too, but I don’t see as effective as a cav UU. Don’t get me wrong, I started by thinking of an infantry UU, but simply that doesn’t fit well with the civ in general…

However, I supposed it’s worth a shot, what if instead the venetians would get a unfantry UU, the Schiavone (it could be called fante de mar too) that cost only gold (let’s say about 35), and doesn’t need any upgrade (except for elite)?

Which tipe of UU venetians should get?
  • Infantry
  • Cavalry
0 voters