New Civ : The Crusaders states

i will, sorry i m new ^^

I didn’t want to say that, i m sorry if my formulation let think that. What i say is, now, in the current game, there is rarely new unit mechanics. ok, we had rathas, coustillier, obuch mechanics (okay now that i try to remind them, there is actually some new mechanics). But we could have a lot of new unic mechanic, like for example poisoned arrows, grenades, ambushed units, efficient against armor damage… I don’t say that others don’t have any idea, i don’t say that the age of empire 2 crew don’t have any new ideas, i say that when i look at the unic unit list, there are a lot of “vanilla” units ^^

Think this is an important note.
As I am collecting all the new civ proposals - in my opinion these concepts are for most of the designers more meant as a source of inspiration to the community. And a way to make use of their own creativity.
Unfortunately we live currently in a world where you can’t make much use of your creativity. But this is a cool way to be creative. It’s not about actually designing a new civ, but just hypothetically think of how this civ could look like and make as much use of your creativity in the process.

And I think the topics should also be interpreted as exactly this. Just creative playground.

I’m also sceptical of a crusader civ. But I like the idea of relics reducing gold cost of units. Also free heresy is cool for a cav civ.
Also the templar design is nice.

The Pilgrim design I don’t like that much. I think the slow effect could be interesting but I’m skeptical it fits in the game. Cause we currently don’t have any debuff efects in the game and idk if I want to open that tinderbox. The basic interactions of this game is imo one of the big reasons it is still so popular. Because it still goes without this kind of gimmicky stuff. I think there could be other ways that could lead to comparable effects. EG there could be units that just have a high collision size that can basically “block” the escape route for enemy units.

2 Likes

Yes. Here’s my civ proposal.

Outposts
Defensive and Outpost Civilization

• Outposts +1/+2/+3 range in Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age
  • Outposts move 15% faster
  • Outposts cost 50% less food
    Team Bonus: Outpost technologies available one age earlier

Unique technologies:

• Tsoptuo: Outposts work 40% faster
  • Postpostpost: Outposts cost no gold

Not sure about the unique unit, maybe some kind of Outpost?

13 Likes

We actually have :slight_smile:
think about the obuch, they have a debuff effect on the armor :slight_smile:

i understand your point, but in the opposite my opinion is that this kind of new mechanic can “bring a wind of fresh” ^^

LMAO you killed me XD

1 Like

Don’t forget the post revolution:
Turns all your vills into outposts.

2 Likes

No, there are more important civs to have.

This civ gives a new meaning to “Post-Imperial.” Some pros have already mastered the outpost rush with civs having no outpost bonuses - just think what terror they could unleash with the Outpost Civ.

I think their UU could be some kind of raiding outpost, called the Outdoor Postman (trained at the Post Office, which replaces the castle). It could fire letters in rapid-succession, like a Cho-Ko-Nu, and would deal a new type of damage (paper-cut damage). And may I suggest the bonus of Free Spies in Imp, although that might be a little superfluous given their existing strengths.

I am a little concerned about balance though, seems like the civ would be overly dominant on this map:

2 Likes

Hmm, good point. It would be very problematic to have one civ be so dominant on such a mainstream map.

1 Like

It’s usually “États Latins d’Orient” since Jerusalem was the only kingdom unless you count Cyprus, which was formed later yet lasted longer, and maybe some of the states formed over the remnants of the Byzantine empire after the Fourth Crusade. Otherwise, there were one principalty (Antioch) and two counties (Tripoli and Edessa)

Yes totally ! it’s a typo sorry ^^
I indeed wanted to mean “etats latin d’orient” and not “royaume”