New Condensed Objective UI breaks mod mission objectives

So this new Condensed Victory Objective UI that released yesterday makes those standard game objectives we all know and love take up less space. Good change, but…

-Problem: Custom made objectives in mod missions (such as Siege of Rhodes 1522) will not have any UI show up in the top left corner of the screen, and this UI is usually very important for explaining/tracking objectives.
-Solution: The player attempting to play the mod turns off Condensed Victory Objectives in their UI settings. Back to normal, great.
-Problem: This Condensed Victory Objectives setting is enabled by default, and players may not know it exists.
-Solution: Include instructions in the mod description on how to disable this setting.
-Problem: Not everyone reads the mod description.

My prediction? A lot of people are going to play these mods without disabling Condensed Victory Objectives, and then they’ll be trying to complete objectives they can’t see. …Unless there’s some scar function that forces objectives to not be condensed, but we don’t know if that exists.

Is there such a thing? Is there something I’ve missed? Am I overreacting?

In any case, it looks like I’m going to have to go back through my mods and change each of them to allow for this new feature, and that’s fine. I just want to know what change would be the most effective for me to implement.

1 Like