New dark age techs!

Hey guys how are you, hope you are well.

As you know, there is only one tech in the dark age, which is loom, i just have a suggestion for a new dark age tech and it will be very simple.
For example: scouting!!! I suggest a dark age tech to improve scouting for your scout in the game start, simple tech that maybe can make the auto scouting more effective and can even avoid the enemy TC if he scouted it in auto to avoid the TC fire and also increase the line of sight for the scout in the game early and improve the explore of the map or maybe luring the deers by himself in auto moves (but i think this is too much :stuck_out_tongue:)…well let’s just keep improving scouting for now It is simple tech and actually i have more ideas for more dark age techs but let’s discuss this one. What do you think?

10 Likes

Hahahaha i swear to god that i expected someone will say this. Well it is just a scouting tech nothing else :open_hands:t2:. I am not meaning make the game easy or something, my main point is add more dark age techs

The whole point of auto-scout is that it’s worse than manual scouting, so I don’t see why we would need a tech to improve it.

5 Likes

I don’t like the idea of an upgrade which is a pure UI improvement.

I know im pretty abrupt

But i think there is room in the game for a scout extra LOS tech. And if anything it can simply be used to help encourage differences between groups of civs.

Example turks could get this tech for free, while mongols, tatars and magyars only have access to it but still need to tech it. While filthy Franks don’t get it at all.

If it was in the tc it would be a tough choice though… Lose vil production at the gain of los?

1 Like

There was such a tech in the AoK beta and I tested it, and basically it allows a scout to see the whole screen if you’re centered on it as early as age 2, and as soon as it’s castle age as long as the scout is somewhere on screen you can see everything. Auto upgrading LOS upon age-up is enough already.

There already is a tech for this. It’s called “Being Mongols”

:joy: You mean like loom shouldn’t exist because inca vils have access to blacksmith upgrades :scream:

Or blood lines shouldn’t exist because frank knights have more hp :scream::scream:

Except that Franks don’t get Bloodlines, and don’t get any benefit above what Bloodlines would give them until Cavalier, and that their SC ends up getting fewer added HP with the civ bonus. (Besides the significant fact that it’s instant and free) :grinning: :grinning: :cold_face: :cold_face: :neutral_face: :expressionless: :no_mouth: :unamused: :kissing: :kissing: :kissing_heart:

Or that Inca villagers get those bonuses because “Much of their army constituted of peasants and farmers which can be conscripted into battle at any time” and so giving this civ bonus to everyone makes it meaningless. :hot_face: :cold_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :astonished: :nauseated_face: :money_mouth_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :innocent:

dark age units are limited to villagers, fishing ships, (eagle) scouts and militia.
Buildings options are also pretty limited: barrack, minecamp, lumberjack, mill, farm, dock, outpost, pallisase walls.

All of them seem balanced to me. The only ones I would make a dark tech for is the outpost and the pallisade walls (provided they nerf them before), or extra villager LOS, like koreans have.

hahahahahaha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: