New East Asian Civs Poll

By trash siege, do you just mean bad siege units or units that can’t be fully upgrade but cost no/less gold?

2 Likes

Bad Siege (20 characters)

1 Like

It looks great, both civs would really be distinct from each other with this!

2 Likes

There are camels in Tibet btw, Bactrian ones…

None of them sound interesting tbh.

1 Like

Yeah, but were they used militarily?
By the way, I was wondering if camel riders wouldn’t be better represented if they were split into two lines, with the light one using Arabian camels and the heavy one using Bactrian camels. The later would be far slower, but easily compete with heavy cavalry in terms of tankyness.

Mongols and Silk Road states used camels in battle, and the Tibetans controlled the Silk Road states so it would make sense Tibetans used them. Any way the Chinese also get camels…

Maybe the Tibet uu can be a bacterian camel unit?

omg my whole view on the matter falls appart.

I have to apologize, I was entirely convinced Tangut was part of the tibetic branch, don’t know why. I may have misunderstood something I read once and kept with that idea.

Now my entire speach turns 180º. It doesn’t make sense to group tanguts and tibetans into a single civ. Of course I doesn’t.
Damn

You may not find them interesting, but as an Asian I definitely want to see them being added into the game.

Adding Tibetans is most likely not going to happen for well-known reasons, adding Tanguts is a better alternative and they could somewhat represent Tibetans.

Here’re my suggestions for the civ types:

Chams: Navy or Navy and Elephant

Gokturks: Cavalry or Cavalry Archer

Jurchens: Cavalry and Infantry or Cavalry and Gunpowder

Nanzhao/Dali: Archer and Monk

Tanguts: Camel and Monk or Camel and Siege (and yes they did use camels in warfare, there’re historical sources that attest to their use)

Siamese: Elephant and Gunpowder

1 Like

Tibet: Siege, Monk and a Steppe Lancer civ.

Jurchen: Gunpowder, heavy cavarly civ.

Thai: Battle Elephant and Infantry civ.

The Tibetans could introduce a herdable mechanic economy. The mill is replaced by a sheep-pen where players can create sheep instead of farms. There will be technologies to increase the food from each sheep. This mechanic could be expanded to the Mongols, and Cumans.

They could also copy the Pasture mechanics from AOE4.

Jurchen is not a gunpowder civ during aoe2 period. They are famous for heavy cavalry in 11th~13th century.

1 Like