New (Extreme) AI defence against tower rushes is too suicidal

Game Version:

• Build: 37650
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

The May patch includes a change in the way AI players defend themselves against enemy tower rushes. The AI will send all their villagers to an enemy tower, even if there is an enemy army waiting for them. The defence turns out to be suicidal. It is easy to beat an AI using this strategy, even when the difficulty is set to Extreme.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Place a tower near the AI enemy’s base and keep some archers or skirmishers nearby.
  2. Wait until the AI sends all their villagers to the tower.
  3. Kill all villagers.

ATTACHMENTS:

1 Like

Hey there! Do you happen to have a replay file of the match where this happened? I would love to get it (and the information you provided) passed along to our QA team so they can take a look at what’s happening here.

Thanks for the report!

I didn’t record this particular game (I was actually testing my own AI), but I will record them from now on, so I will send a replay file when I notice it again.

1 Like

1 Like

You can watch how the AI reacts to a trush in the patch review from Spirit of the Law at Minute 5:30

1 Like

@GMEvangelos : I have a recording of me executing the strategy against the Extreme AI. In the end of the game (around 20 minutes), the AI basically surrenders by sending all of its villagers to my tower, where my soldiers are waiting for them. The villagers even get ‘stuck’, seemingly trying to decide between retreating and attacking the tower. This forum only allows me to upload images, but if you are interested, I can send it to you.

1 Like

This is all perfect! It looks like QA had no problem reproducing and uprooting the cause of the problem, so a tracking task has been entered. I will also be adding this to our known issues list so everyone can stay appraised of the issue:

Thanks again for the report!