New feature in the PUP: Explorer customization

For anyone that isn’t the new public update preview, there is now an option to customize your explorers. It is only enabled on african explorers, and it can’t be unlocked with home city points, but it is there. Hopefully this option will come to old civs as well (looking at you, Chinese explorer)

15 Likes

Amazing!
I hope the same for the other civs

6 Likes

Yes, give alternatives for more historical accurate explorer: with the ability to choose you can please both conservatives and people that want this changes, great job. Specially on chinese monks (I hope also on disciples!)

5 Likes

Amazing. Nice to see all these new stuffs being added.

6 Likes

Maybe start with those “explorer-like” heroes in the campaign such as Francis Drake.

3 Likes

This level of customization is exactly what I love about this game :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m so stoked to (hopefully) get a wild west sheriff as my USA explorer!

6 Likes

This is wicked cool.

This upcoming patch is becoming HoF worthy.

5 Likes

These details show that in ‘Forgotten Empires’ he cares about the future of the game as much as we are. They are excellent artists.

11 Likes

Man, I just hope Microsoft won’t kill off the DE’s post AOE4.

4 Likes

It would be nice if there were 3-5 skins for Explorer per civ. These could correspond to the stands worn in each of the centuries of the AoE 3 timeframe.

1 Like

Maybe in the future we will also see something similar for the default units, e.g. Musketeer, Pikeman and Priest?

1 Like