New / Improved Towers

Will there be new towers (for example Fire-throwing or one whichshoots multiple arrows like castles in AOE 2)?
In my opinion towers in this game are not as powerful as they should be.
I hope there will be more possibilities in terms of defending.
Btw thanks for keep working on this great series :smile:

@N1qHT4MlTeX said:
Will there be new towers (for example Fire-throwing or one whichshoots multiple arrows like castles in AOE 2)?
In my opinion towers in this game are not as powerful as they should be.
I hope there will be more possibilities in terms of defending.
Btw thanks for keep working on this great series :smile:

Hmm I think if towers where more powerful and really great for defending, everybody would just
build up a fortress to defend himself which would lead to a passive playstyle which extends unnessesary
the time needed per game.
And that’s not really what I would like to see.

do not bring new units / buildings we just need more balanced units to make this game perfect

I think they should just keep game play as close to the original as possible :wink:

I think towers are balanced just fine, maybe offer an upgrade to make them a little more resistant to siege. I always hated how easily siege could destroy them lol.

I think it is good that towers are not that powerful. It lets you play in a more offense-is-the-best-defense kinda way, which shifts the game faster, and doesn’t make stone an over-valued resource.

@LegoVogel said:
I think it is good that towers are not that powerful. It lets you play in a more offense-is-the-best-defense kinda way, which shifts the game faster, and doesn’t make stone an over-valued resource.

In AoE 2 for example you are able to tower-rush (even better with koreans) . I just want more possibilities and flexibel gameplay.
New units and balancing changes are at least something the devs can do to make the game more interesting. I dislike remasters if there are just improvements in terms of graphics and sound :confused:

@N1qHT4MlTeX said:

@LegoVogel said:

In AoE 2 for example you are able to tower-rush (even better with koreans) . I just want more possibilities and flexibel gameplay.
New units and balancing changes are at least something the devs can do to make the game more interesting. I dislike remasters if there are just improvements in terms of graphics and sound :confused:

it seems like u have no experience in AoE 1 but AoE2, so here’s a very big change for you then. A tower-rush is very weak mechanic in AoE 1, it would simply not be possible. Villagers can hit a age 2 tower for 6’s and it returns with 3 - 5 dmg. Also at Age 3 u get catapults (depending on your civ) some civs get it as early as age 2, if i don’t remember it wrong. The tower rush mechanic doesn’t really kick inn before say last age or 3rd age. Then u can think about it.

@N1qHT4MlTeX said:

@LegoVogel said:

In AoE 1 you are even better to tower rush (since you don’t need an upgrade for towers to fire at range 0) but also it can be easily better countered because villagers do more damage against buildings. I think it is for you to find out which sort of gameplay you’re possible to use by playing the Upatch version.
And more importantly which gameplay types you miss: and than think about some scenario’s or mods that can bring a wider range in gamplay in your opinion.
Personally I think AoE 1 has a wider tool/bronze/iron age rush because some civilizations have better mid game tactics while others have a better late game tactic.

@FreshKiller233 No, no siege in the Tool age but towers are so much weaker in AOE 1.

I think ballista towers should fire faster. Also, completely new units should not be added, but I do think that some exiting units need new upgrades. For instance it would be good to have a bronze age upgrade for the slinger and maybe even an iron age upgrade to keep them useful in later ages. Also an iron age upgrade of the camel rider would be good.

Since aoe1 has the stone-thrower already available in bronze age, a unit that is mechanically similar to aoe2s bombard cannon, tower use is going to be extremely limited. There may be a few viable tool age rushes that can be done with towers but generally speaking aoe1 is much more about aggressive play than later games in the series

Nah, this is too much of a change from the original defensive dynamic - same reason there won’t be gates. I wouldn’t get your hopes up for anything new, feature wise, apart from balancing.

In another thread there’s talking about adding gates, and over here better towers, I wouldn’t like any of those. The reason is that those towers are pretty good if you just put some walls in front of it. But if you want more defence, then you should place some units around… or more walls and more towers

@MrDeur said:
In another thread there’s talking about adding gates, and over here better towers, I wouldn’t like any of those. The reason is that those towers are pretty good if you just put some walls in front of it. But if you want more defence, then you should place some units around… or more walls and more towers

Yes. You know how this game works. Two words:
Cannon Fodder*

*or ‘catapult fodder’ to make it more time-era-relevant :stuck_out_tongue:

@BlazingGaming13 said:
I think ballista towers should fire faster.
I only not agree on this one, I think the upgrade should be a bit cheaper. Because: Choson…

Also, completely new units should not be added, but I do think that some exiting units need new upgrades. For instance it would be good to have a bronze age upgrade for the slinger and maybe even an iron age upgrade to keep them useful in later ages. Also an iron age upgrade of the camel rider would be good.

But these are changes I’d really like to see!! :smiley:

Defending with only towers shouldn’t be possible. Maybe increasing towers bullet speed so that you cant side step them would make them more meaningful. In upatch the building time was reduced and it made them much better.

I personally wouldn’t like playing towerdefense/RTS game.

I also think new or more powerfull towers aren’t a good option.
Think that your castle is the better tower :slight_smile:
Towers are very strong in early game like doing a tower rush in feudal age or to defend your wood or other recources until castle age.
And if you like strong towers you just chose a Civ with canon towers. Here you could defend or even attack with.
I am with the others how say no to major changes of Towers in AOE DE

@Pr3aCheI2 said:
I also think new or more powerfull towers aren’t a good option.
Think that your castle is the better tower :slight_smile:
Towers are very strong in early game like doing a tower rush in feudal age or to defend your wood or other recources until castle age.
And if you like strong towers you just chose a Civ with canon towers. Here you could defend or even attack with.
I am with the others how say no to major changes of Towers in AOE DE

Are you talking about AoE 2 ? :smiley: