New maps and stuff coming to AoE II

So the map is even worse then BF?!

3 Likes

yeah. michi is an even safer than blackforest

both are okay as casual / simcity maps, but shouldn’t really be in ranked
arena is the same way

when ensemble designed the game, they excluded all of these maps from standard RM (full random maps). but microsoft keeps forcing these into the pool for some reason, ignoring the whole design of the mode

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it is worse than BF, it is more noob friendly than BF. Allows for giant battles at in the lategame. Like @TheBiz1 says, it is really a map for casuals(like me) really shouldn’t be in ranked.

Arena and BF need better skill for TGs - You just need to know 2 build orders for Arabia TGs, while Arena and especially BF are very diverse.

1 Like

Next map pool:

Michi
Amazon Tunnel
Black Forest
Arena
Hideout
Fortress
Arabia
Nomad
Islands

2 Likes

imperial-age-only gameplay is not diverse, and it’s also not what RM is about

2 Likes

Imperial Age only: 10 different type of units
Monk+Siege rushes
Tower rushes
Siege Tower rushes
Villager war
Sneaking
Fast Imperial
Petards
2 Castle Unique Unit
Full Slinging
vs
Scout-Knight-Paladin
Archer-Crossbowman-Arbalest
=
Closed maps are more diverse for TGs when picking civs.

2 Likes

Michi map is going to be the Ballista elephant fest 11
@BomberGriffin Your wishes of a michi map are done 11

1 Like

More like a siege fest. Michi should be fun for onager wars and nooby chill games. I do Europe DIplomacy games of high res as well. Not just michi.

I love macro games.

2 Likes

West Euro diplomacy is my favorite. Although I do enjoy a few ludakris diplo maps, although only when I have time and am patient for the lag

To be fair, they’re just about to neuter yet another unique open map civ (incas), so he’s actually making a good point

are these icons in the PUP version?

1 Like

Yes, these map icons and user icons are frok PUP version.

damn
always seeing the new things before i do :stuck_out_tongue:

The Washington thing means an AoE3 DE event in 2 whicih is weird

what could it be

Completely disagree with this post.

The late game options of open maps and closed maps are kind of the same.
The option for closed maps in the early stage is kind of only booming.
For open maps you have much more options.

Also certain civs preform better in different ages. Balance is mainly done for 1v1 Arabia, so for figthing in all ages. So all civs are meant to be viable. If you exclude all the early game, then you end up less viable civs. So the civs picks for TGs in closed games arent as viable as for open games.

1 Like

For open 1v1 maps only, because 4v4 TGs are always the same: Pocket goes Cavalry, Flank goes Archers.

But most games in opens maps end (or are almost defined) before reaching the late game, so those options almost never come into play.

If you like to see powerful units such as paladins or siege onagers, arena is better than arabia.

You still have the option for those other strats as well. You dont have to play the meta.

This is mostly true for 1v1. Most team games arent really decided in the early stages. At least that is my experience with TG. Even on Arabia most TGs goes to late game, while in 1v1 sometimes a game is already decided in feudal age.

1 Like

Michi!! I love that map <3
It’s guaranteed post-imperial wars and massive armies.

2 Likes