New Norse heroes in the screenshots?

ss_54bf5f49366ce81c0257267dd5973c50c1f8ccc4

There is the normal hammer holding hero on the left, but those 3 are holding spear like weapon! So new hero? Maybe a spearthrower one?:eyes:

i still so hope we get heroes for each civ and god. like e.g. reginleif for norse finally and not just in campaign. but we’ll see the next months i guess since it already comes this year (most assume fourth quarter)

1 Like

Those look like flatbows (they’re even holding them in the middle) Looks like Bogsveigirs are being reworked into a generic Norse Hero Archer. It’s a nice compromise to represent Norse Archery (which was extremely important in the Viking raids despite modern pop culture neglecting this) and give them a flying myth unit counter without compromising the Norse’s lack-of-pierce-damage-from-human-soldiers identity.

Looks like Bondis are going to be added (Ulfs will be back as well but will be hunched over, have orange hair vs the Bondi’s auburn and player colored bracers on both arms instead of one, ulfs still wear wolf/bear skins vs Bondi’s horned helmets) likely as a Norse pure counter-cavalry infantry unit (a-la the Katapeltes) - though this addition only makes sense if the Chinese are returning with their Cataphracts.

There may be additionally planned human units for the other civs; we haven’t seen them yet.

Also looks like the Norse might be getting a new building as well; though whether it’s decoration-only or buildable…who knows? All I can say is that it looks like the Norse are getting a proper Longhouse instead of their Barracks being called a Longhouse (though said Barracks is still going to be in a game) maybe some sort of generic building that functions similarly to the University from AoE2?

1 Like

So this means almost all changes done by tales of the dragon (not limited to the Chinese civ) will be discarded…

Not necessarily. They’re just making changes. Compared to the DE versions of the other games, I think they’re going for some bigger changes in Retold.

I hope they will spend more efforts revisiting and polishing those changes done in tales of the dragon. Some just feel like “there is an unused model so add it to the game”.

2 Likes

You are right, it could be a bow by the way they hold it.

I dont see any bondi like unit in the image you added. There are ulfs (one upgraded) with hersirs and axethrowers on the back.

The normal barrecks is in the same picture just right to this new building so i doubt its a new look for the barrecks.
There are carts with resources arround it, maybe its a new building with new echonomic mechanics? Like exchange resources for favor, as favor is hard to get for norse? (Should be very limited IMO)
But it might be jast a cosmetic building with no special mechanics.

The building you point out via screenshot is currently discussed about on YouTube too. someone brought an idea up which I personally think is VERY reasonable:

That Siege units will get their own building and that the wooden beam you see as clutter is for a portable ram.

1 Like