New Polish rev units seen in game files?

Topic presents some arguments why it makes sense to create them. And it is not a competition because I’m not against other civs too.

I do not undermine Asian/African civs like you do in every European thread.

1 Like

It can’t be too difficult to find 6-8 voice actors to fill a civilization. If you wanted to do Persia, there are large Iranian diaspora communities in DC, LA, and New York, many of whom I’m sure would be happy to give their time to voice the lines. How many words do they actually need to say? 15 at most? If they can find Maltese speakers, Farsi shouldn’t be a problem.

And research shouldn’t be too time-consuming; Persia is quite well-known and has a lot of research coverage. We’ve posted a lot of the sources across our proposal threads.

People are free to criticize as they like. Even if you don’t buy the DLC you still have to play against ridiculously stupid civs like Malta. If the options are Polish Revolution or “don’t make it” I’d say don’t make it. They should be a proper full civ or they shouldn’t bother.

3 Likes

Or easier, reuse the voices of the Persians from 2 DE and AoEO…

Exactly, I bet if Persians were a revolution option for Ottomans then people would feel the same as the ones who hate Poles and Danes as revs instead of full civs. The idea is so silly, that nobody would support such a thing.

4 Likes

There wouldn’t be enough voice lines. Only for the male and female villagers, and one military unit. I’ve also heard that these lines aren’t that good and sound strange to native speakers.

1 Like

Ah well… so they look for Farsi dubbers, one male and the other female and then they do it more bass or treble…

In my opinion the Persian civ should also have units speaking other languages as well, since a large part of their military was not Farsi-speaking.

3 Likes

I volunteer for Polish Dialogues. I am native speaker. It is true that I do not have professional sound recording equipment, but I can record dialogues with a microwave.

Also, I can’t pronounce the letter “R” in polish sound correctly.

The Safavids are a diverse empire. They could also patch together different languages for different units, with some units getting Oghuz, Chagatai, Georgian, and Pashto voice lines.

However, one thing that kind of irks me about Malta is that there are so many diverse languages. It was a multinational order, but it is hard to follow when various units speak Maltese, English, French, German, Italian, and so on.

On god.

Also as a funny aside, you know how they had a Japanese-American recite the Korean dialogue lines for Wars of Liberty?

Yeah, I wouldn’t get in the booth to record my own even if I had the equipment, unless you want, say, the villagers to speak in a horrendous rural Jeolla accent that sounds halfway between a peasant from the 1930s and modern American Broadcast English.

Deeeeesgusting.

It would be funny tho to hear the Korean monks groan out “Yeot meogora, michin-nyeon.” or “Jot dwae-sso, anniya?” after they get shot down.

Yes, it can be; that it is as it happens with Malta…

Yes, in the end they will end up using the Korean dialogues of AoE 2 xd…

Ah…yeah but that’s only for Settlers and like one military unit though. Maybe ships as well.

1 Like

Of course, at most they can modify the tenor of the voices…

Yeah, I’m dully aware. Lee worked for the mod for a short while. He made some nifty Japanese Factory skins that never saw the light of day.

That was over 10 years ago though. Nowadays I could just get the entire civ professionally voice acted if I wanted, or very close to it at any rate.

2 Likes